Orange County?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I did not attend this particular concert last tour, but I hear it went over EXTREMELY well. I'd love to go, but I'm not so sure I can... but I can't pass up a good opportunity to see Al and the gang live again!

Guess I better start saving my pennies...

C-Bob
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Moved from Ask Bermuda to Concert Talk..
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

On 2002-02-02 18:00, WHiZZi wrote:
I'm going to visit this concert. I only need information about airports and places to sleep. But I guess I go and visit my travel agency this week to book a vacation to America :grin: :grin: :grin:

Are you really coming to America! Wow, that's exciting! I'll definitely be at one of the concerts that week. If your travel agent can't find you a cheap place nearby, I'm sure one of the California fans could make some practical suggestions. Don't forget to rent a car.

See ya there.

Carole
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

Road trip! Woo! :grin:

I can't wait 'till July! And if I get to stay for all the concerts, that'll be awesome! Woohoo!

Karen

*I wonder what my parents will think of my plans* :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Karen on 2002-02-03 02:33 ]
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Whizzi, hope you do get to come out here to the concerts!

Carole, when I saw Al and the Band at the OC Fairs in 1999 and 2000, it was general admission and you got in with the price of entering the fairgrounds. And the shows were *extremely* popular! (record numbers I think)

But since Bermuda said on wa.com to keep checking back about ticket information, it might be different this time? We'll just have to wait and see. : )

Cinnamon
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Well, I suppose it couldn't be as bad as Summerfest in Milwaukee. No tornados in socal. :smile:

Carole
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

SHHHHH Carole! Don't alert the evil eye! We have enough stuff go on down here as it is, sheesh.

I wouldn't mind if these were ticketed concerts even though the cost would be higher because I really dislike general admission arrangements. The rush to get in can get really hairy, even though the OC Fair people have historically been pretty easy to manage by their pretty decent security people. Plus, although I'll wait as much as I have to, I would just as soon not have to get into the fairgrounds to get in line at 10 or 11 AM and spend the entire day there waiting when there will be 5 days in a row of that. I really disliked it in 2000. Those of us who waited from the start were only able to see the early show, which was a 1 hour show. The people who wandered in in the [much cooler]late afternoon and early evening got the full show. *grumblegrumble*

Whatever the case, I'm jazzed :grin:.

Cheers, Diva

pulling out her OC maps
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Yeah, the waiting time bites. Maybe I just won't be as picky about seats this time. What we need is an air conditioned RV parked in the lot so we can take turns chillin'.

Carole
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Whizzi, you're going to be coming in? That will be TERRIFIC! I'll be there for the full

week, probably staying some or all of the time with my sister in North Hollywood.

Wonder if Marty Lick has this set up on his

concert tracker?

I look forward to meeting you (and all the others making the trek).

Squirrelygirl
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

On 2002-02-05 16:26, Squirrelygirl wrote:
Whizzi, you're going to be coming in? That will be TERRIFIC!

Well. I have to arrange a place to sleep (probably a hotel somewhere around) and the trip. And I have to figure out if I can rent a car and how money that will cost for me :razz:

But I'll be there. BEWARE :razz: :wink: