The Big Ak and Zuie Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

sarley27
Off The Deep End

Ak & Zuie tour with Al!

Post by sarley27 »

Unless I read it wrong, www.stephenjay.com stated this yesterday:

This June "Weird Al" Yankovic and his band take off on their national concert tour in support of the new CD "Poodle Hat". During this tour Al's bassist, Steve Jay will also be doing shows with his own bass & drum duo, "Ak & Zuie" at separate venues along the route as time permits. Performing new "ethnofunk fortified" versions of songs from Jay's three solo CD's, "Ak & Zuie" will be playing late night shows at stops on the "Weird Al" tour as well as other cites during tour breaks. Over the past two years Jay and drummer Pete Gallagher, aka "Zuie" have been "splitting the funk atom" in ways never before imagined to the amazement of audiences throughout Southern California. As self described conjurers of divine polymetric temporal flow , "Ak & Zuie" have come a long way from their debut performance in the Sandakan province in Northern Borneo.
According to "Zuie", having the opportunity to tour the USA will definitely "put the bone in the nose" and "go a long way towards dissolving the unfunky crust that forms over a civilization from time to time when left unattended".
As far as "Ak" is concerned "there's just a whole lot of raw, pure time out there in America that needs to be whacked up and made into mobius pretzels as soon as possible". Returning time to where ever it came from has been one of "Ak & Zuie's" long term musical goals. Says "Ak", "It's our humble way of sending a thank you note to the ultimate source of change in the universe using only the smoke and mirrors of low and indefinite pitch".

Cool...
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, that's not opening for Al, but still very cool. I definitely won't mind if they come near here.

-CindyBob
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

I think you read it wrong. They aren't opening for Al but it's still great

Steven Jay wrote:
at separate venues along the route as time permits
That's great news for anyone who hasn't seen them. They are really wonderful!!!!

Cid
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Ak & Zuie open for Al!

Post by CatraDhtem »

"Ak & Zuie" will be playing late night shows at stops on the "Weird Al" tour as well as other cites during tour breaks.

Tres bien!
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Wow! Delightful.

I love Stephen's music, :choon: and I really wanted to see him live, but his shows were always too far away to synchronize with my schedule.

He is such a terrific person, too. :bigups:

sg
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

SG wrote:
He is such a terrific person, too

I second that emotion! Pete is just as nice. I'm glad they're going to tour around this summer. though living here in SoCal is nice because there are a couple of us that have Ak & Zuie all to our selves...but I guess it's time to share :choon:

Cid
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Re: Ak & Zuie

Post by like_im_27again »

According to "Zuie", having the opportunity to tour the USA will definitely "put the bone in the nose" and "go a long way towards dissolving the unfunky crust that forms over a civilization from time to time when left unattended".
As far as "Ak" is concerned "there's just a whole lot of raw, pure time out there in America that needs to be whacked up and made into mobius pretzels as soon as possible". Returning time to where ever it came from has been one of "Ak & Zuie's" long term musical goals. Says "Ak", "It's our humble way of sending a thank you note to the ultimate source of change in the universe using only the smoke and mirrors of low and indefinite pitch".

Aren't they a crack up?

I am really glad the rest of the country is going to get a taste of Ak & Zuie LIVE! If you like their cds, you will LOVE them live--they're wonderful!

Vikki
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I think Stephen came out after almost every show. I always

thought that was so great, but I was never able to think of what to say to him.

"What's a nice guy like you doing in a place like this?"

"Come here often?"

"What's your sign?"

You can see it's been a while since I've been out anywhere starting conversations with strange men :sleepy:

(NOT that Steve's strange you understand :lookround: )

How does one start a conversation with someone in that situation?

sg

running a quart low on witty reparte and snappy comebacks.
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

All I can really say is...HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!?????

STUPIDHIPPIE

:stupid: :listen:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

How does one start a conversation with someone in that situation?

Probably not by falling at his feet and begging for an autograph...

So, is Steve "Ak" or "Zuie?"