ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

QUOTE Ha, nice avatar Dave... instead of Cat In The Hat, it's Cat IS The Hat!

Hehehe- Bermuda likes the avatar I made! Bermuda likes the avatar I made! Okay...shutting up in 3, 2, 1...I'm done.

~Allison
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

uncopyable CDs

Post by Elvis »

Regarding CDs that can't be played on a computer, is it possible to burn a copy of that CD (on one of those cd burners that aren't connected to the computer of course) and then play the copied CD on your computer?

I have no idea if it's possible, or if it even makes sense, but if so, at least you could get around it that way.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Not sure how those respond in an audio cd burner deck, but those machines do tend to have issues... I wouldn't normally use one. If someone absolutely has to have the songs on a computer for some reason, they can always play the album on a regular CD player, taking the line-out into the line-in on the computer's audio card, and record that input.

But if the fan has the CD in the first place and can play it on another system or Walkman®, what purpose is achieved by also having it on the computer?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

QUOTE But if the fan has the CD in the first place and can play it on another system or Walkman®, what purpose is achieved by also having it on the computer?

One thing I like to do with uploaded songs is to play them in a random order (usually by artist). It's really quite fun to listen to them that way because it's always a surprise what comes next.

el
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE QUOTE But if the fan has the CD in the first place and can play it on another system or Walkman®, what purpose is achieved by also having it on the computer?

One thing I like to do with uploaded songs is to play them in a random order (usually by artist).

There's that, but also of course it's another way to make a personal mix CD.

I dunno....full-length music files usually take up too much space on my computer, and I don't mind having to open up another CD to listen to one song, so I don't bother with that stuff. I just use my burner to make data discs.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, at least now we know the cd will be able to be played on the computer. :)

-CindyBob
momotronic9k27
Occasional

Post by momotronic9k27 »

Now I really can't wait until the 20th this is the hardest part of waiting at least I got the other al-bums to hold me over until then!
marcusb
Occasional

Post by marcusb »

One way I've heard of discs being kept from being cd-rom readable is by putting errors on the disc that only cd-rom's should pick up.. it confuses them. There are multiple ways of doing it and some have been cracked. I kind of doubt Poodle Hat will be protected like this though.

-Marcus Brannon
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

But if the fan has the CD in the first place and can play it on another system or Walkman®, what purpose is achieved by also having it on the computer?

Uhm. Easy..

When I have a new Al-CD, I convert the tracks to MP3 and burn it on a CD for my CAR MP3 player (one CD, every ALbum). Don't worry, I don't use Kazaa, Edonkey or whatever.. and even if I do, I don't share my music collection :)

I never ever have a original Weird Al Yankovic CD in my car, only MP3-copies for private use :)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Welcome Marcus Brannon!!

BTW, Marcus gets to use that image from the weirdal.com Gallery for his avatar... he's the one who created it!

Bermuda