Albuquerque/Frank Zappa

Moderator: Moderators

Alucard
Occasional

Albuqeurke/Frank Zappa

Post by Alucard »

Anybody on here a Frank Zappa fan as well as Al??? Ever notice how the song albuqeurke (i know, i spelled it wrong...) sounds a lot like something FZ would do? It's pretty cool I think!
Alucard
Occasional

Post by Alucard »

I also heard that Dweezil Zappa is going to play guitar on one of the tracks...perhaps Al may do a parody or (this would be much better) cover of one of FZ's tunes...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Alucard,

It's not just a rumor, you can read all about it over at wa.com on the players page:

QUOTE Dweezil Zappa - guitar

Album #11, more info tba.

You can also edit your post (take it from an expert) just hit that little button upper right hand corner of your post that says "edit." (Since you started the thread you can also correct the spelling of Albuquerque.) :biggrin:

Oh, and welcome aboard!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I dont really see Albuquerque as a FZ type of song. Zappa did do some long funny songs, but nothingin a rambling sense that Albuquerque did. It was more in the sense of some other song that I cant remember the name of, something about a garage, its somewhere on this forum. Or somebody else can help

Mike
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I've known one person who said Albuqerque sounds kind of like something by the group "The Pursuit of Happiness", althoguh I haven't heard much fo their stuff except for "I'm an Adult Now" which sort of sounds like a similar style in a weird way..
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

[rant]

Ok folks... I don't mean to pick nits here, but if you have a copy of RWS take a look at how it's spelled.

Say it with me now:

A

L

B

U

Q

U

E

R

Q

U

E

[/rant]
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

:biggrin: :biggrin: Good one Scotti. I was about to mention it myself.

Frank has done some long pieces but most of them stayed on one topic.

There's something I always say when people say to me, "Weird Al's not good--all he does is rewrite other peoples' songs!" and that's "Weird Al's the only person who has written about weasels, saurkraut, Bavarian creme filled donuts, one-nostrilled hermaphrodites, children named Superfly, sitting between two large Albanian women with excrutiating severe body over on an airplane, Leonard Nimoy's butt--and that's only PART of one song!!"
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

"Going to be a toothpaste tycoon, just me and my pygmy pony"

Sorry if I got that wrong. I haven't listened to that and "St. Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast" in a while. Gotta pull those out with my Monty Python records

Yeah, that wouldn't exactly be Frank Zappa. But it certainly don't sound like Madonna. Buy our album, we're Nirvana. Yay.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

QUOTE \"Gotta pull those out with my Monty Python records

Monty Python records??? Do you have them? Sorry, I didn't get it - you like them or you hate them? I'm asking that because I'm a big Python fan also... the "Galaxy Song" is my favorite... and which records do you have?

SEVA.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Of course I like them!

I got (all first pressing) Instant Record Collection, Live!!! at City Center, and the Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, along with assorted other odds and ends of Python items. Probably my biggest collection besides Al!