VIP experience

2019 - Plus a full orchestra!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

acsesrev

Re: VIP experience

Post by acsesrev »

Because I don't know how (or if I have the permissions) to post a new topic, I'll put this question here.
I want to propose to my girlfriend during the VIP session. I've tried getting in contact with Al and JW weeks back, but I know it's unlikely they'll get back due to the busy nature of the tour. Can anyone advise if going ahead and doing this would be a good idea? I know like many others here I met my partner through Weird Al, but because we're lesbians I wanted a definitive answer because I don't want something so special to become upsetting or politically charged. I figure someone here might have some insight on past proposals and how Al feels about them? Sorry to derail like this!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think you would be totally fine to do it. No one would consider it to be politically charged. Al concerts are pretty open-minded spaces in my experience. It might be a good idea to give someone from the team a heads up. I guess JW would be the best person. Do you have his contact info?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
acsesrev

Post by acsesrev »

Tried contacting JW on Instagram a few weeks back but no response. If you know of a better way to get in contact with him I'd appreciate it!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I would just go for it! Pick your moment and do it! However there will probably be many chances to speak to JW about it during your sessions. He is usually walking around and making sure everybody is happy. Nothing wrong with the magical element of surprise either :peace: Good luck!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
acsesrev

Post by acsesrev »

Thanks everybody! Just wanted to give JW a heads up when my girlfriend isn't on my hip at the show lol, but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

No clue if we're supposed to be getting any emails prior to the show, but is there a show-up time for VIP? I thought I recalled hearing that you did get a small amount of crowd-free shopping before general admission is let in, but I could be incorrect. Just trying to figure out how early I should be showing up!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Muppetboy09 wrote:No clue if we're supposed to be getting any emails prior to the show, but is there a show-up time for VIP? I thought I recalled hearing that you did get a small amount of crowd-free shopping before general admission is let in, but I could be incorrect. Just trying to figure out how early I should be showing up!
There suppose to be an e-mail at least a couple of days before the show. If not, make sure to show up an hour and a half before the show. In Ft.Lauderdale the show began 8pm, and the doors opened 6:45 pm, but the early merch-shopping(for VIPs only) began 7 pm sharp.
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

quick question,

I received the tickets in the mail for the seats but nothing regarding the meet and greets. Am I supposed to get something in the mail or do I pick up what I need at the venue?

Thanks,

Bryce
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

offbeatbryce wrote:quick question,

I received the tickets in the mail for the seats but nothing regarding the meet and greets. Am I supposed to get something in the mail or do I pick up what I need at the venue?

Thanks,

Bryce
I got an email a little over 1 week before the show, which included all the VIP details (check in, meet & greet, etc.)
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Just saw a video on Instagram that some guy snuck into the VIP party after the show at Artpark. He got thrown out after the pic was taken and JW realized he didn't have a pass, and now making a fuss that Al didn't stop the people from throwing him out :rolleyes:

So, I have a feeling they might be a bit more strict about checking VIP passes going forward, so some crazy guy can't get that close again