Strings Attached Tour 2019

2019 - Plus a full orchestra!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Strings Attached Tour 2019

Post by Killingsworth »

Besides the first two I previously mentioned, I think This Is The Life, Sports Song and Mission Statement are the most realistic possibilities. I still don't know about Hardware Store, but I could see an orchestral arrangement really improving that one. They would probably have to slow it down quite a bit though. Someone here did confirm that Al and the band did rehearse a slowed down, mellow/acoustic version of Hardware Store for this year's tour but didn't do it because they thought it still wouldn't work. It's still a possibility, just a rather far off one.

EDIT: Okay, I just remembered "The Hamilton Polka" is another "never before played live until this tour" possibility but again, they would have to slow it down quite a bit even if they can actually arrange it live with a full orchestra. Still, if they do that one you have to admit it wouldn't exactly clash with the theme of this tour.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I'd put money on there being a new polka in the mix, so I'm not sure if he's counting that as one that has never been played live before (which is technically the truth)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

spmahn wrote:Looking forward to this one, although I really really really hate that tickets are going on sale 6-8 months in advance, and especially now when the budget is even tighter with the holidays. Also, tickets for the final KISS tour go on sale this week and I can’t miss that one either. If the tour is running from late spring to early fall like the last one did why can’t tickets go on sale in like February / March?
Very excited about this of course! :whoot:

I liked when all shows were announced ahead of time and on sale dates were scattered. Gave more time to plan and spread the pain ( $$$ ) over a few credit card bills rather than one giant one. Also afraid ticket prices are going up quite a bit since someone has to pay an entire orchestra every night now too. I’m gonna guess there will be some kind of VIP party and meet and greet package again. Curious to see how much that will add and what the extras are.

geeimanerd97 wrote:**(including a couple songs that we’ve never played before – not even on the Ill-Advised Vanity Tour!**

Slime Creatures?! This Is The Life?! I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead?! Everything You Know Is Wrong?! Since You've Been Gone?! Praying some of these songs get added!
“Since You’ve Been Gone” was the opener on The Bad Hair Tour. Also a really funny choice for an orchestra! :P

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Muppetboy09 wrote:I'd put money on there being a new polka in the mix, so I'm not sure if he's counting that as one that has never been played live before (which is technically the truth)
Yeah, I could definitely see him just arranging another new top 40 style polka like most of his albums used to have (even if he doesn't go to all that trouble to record it which seems more likely)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

SPY HARD seems quite likely given that announcement.

What do you all make of the three female backup singers? Which songs are likely to be played with them in the mix? I am thinking Nature Trail to Hell and/or Mr. Popeil.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
geeimanerd97

Post by geeimanerd97 »

For the Backing Vocals, I'm guessing like The 3D Tour

-Mr. Popeil
-Nature Trail
-Maybe Buy Me A Condo?
5/17/18 - The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

TMBJon wrote: What do you all make of the three female backup singers? Which songs are likely to be played with them in the mix? I am thinking Nature Trail to Hell and/or Mr. Popeil.
Probably because the male backing parts can be covered by the rest of the band like last tour. Just fills out the sound more for songs like Jackson Park Express, Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me, Don't Download This Song, etc.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:SPY HARD seems quite likely given that announcement.

What do you all make of the three female backup singers? Which songs are likely to be played with them in the mix? I am thinking Nature Trail to Hell and/or Mr. Popeil.
Okay, I admit...I initially said Genius In Fance because I remembered how prominent the female backing vocals in THAT song were...
ThatGuyLarryNextDoor

Post by ThatGuyLarryNextDoor »

I’m guessing 2-3 new songs.

Most likely IMO:
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
Pancreas
Weasel Stomping Day
Sports Song

Longshots:
This Is The Life
Everything You Know Is Wrong
Hardware Store
Ringtone
Virus Alert
geeimanerd97

Post by geeimanerd97 »

ThatGuyLarryNextDoor wrote:I’m guessing 2-3 new songs.

Most likely IMO:
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
Weasel Stomping Day
Hey that doesn't sound that bad! I wouldn't mind Harvey!
5/17/18 - The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour