Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Post-Vanity Tour (2019/2020/????)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Spoiler:
Now the question is, what will the set look like? You would think it's not going to be a "different setlist every night" situation, but it'll be interesting to see which songs he chooses to add!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Spoiler:
If this turns out to be true, then maybe he CAN perform The Hamilton Polka every night!

Nah, on second thought...it would still seem pretty difficult for him to SING since its' right up there with Hardware Store in terms of sheer volume of lyrics.

Still, he should be able to perform any other polka with a full orchestra so maybe this just might be the thing to motivate him to arrange and release another new one that would be slightly easier to arrange (even if its' another all one theme/artist type polka like Hamilton, Hot Rocks, Bohemian Polka etc. since Al may obviously have an easier time getting legal clearance with those ones)

At the very least we know he should have no problem doing Jackson Park Express on this tour if he so chooses since he pulled it off well enough this spring WITHOUT a full orchestra. Plus, it seemed to be a frequently played favorite early on so Al would probably want to play it more this year.

Honestly, my biggest hope for next year's tour was that he would have some new songs out by then that he could perform in the setlist. Something tells me he might want to release a new original that's a big heavy production album closing type number knowing full well he would have no issues playing it on this tour (or at least pack next years' setlist with older ones he may have always wanted to do like DDTS or Genius In France).

Again, this is all just wild speculation on something we're hearing from a second hand source about something Al hasn'the even officially announced yet. If this is an orchestral tour, then realistically the most we can expect is something similar to last tours' Hollywood Bowl show but with a slightly different setlist.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Killingsworth wrote:
Spoiler:
Again, this is all just wild speculation on something we're hearing from a second hand source about something Al hasn'the even officially announced yet.
Minnick corroborated it, and he has known this for a while, so I would consider it basically confirmed at this point.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I corroborate nothing (on here)

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Here are the original songs that were not played on the Vanity Tour or the Mandatory Fun Tour.
Which ones would you MOST like to see done live?

Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters from a Planet near Mars
Buckingham Blues
Cable TV
Callin' in Sick
The Check's in the Mail
Don't Wear Those Shoes
Everything You Know Is Wrong
Genius in France
Germs
Gotta Boogie
Hardware Store
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead
Mission Statement
Pancreas
Ringtone
Since You've Been Gone
Skipper Dan
Slime Creatures from Outer Space
Sports Song
Such a Groovy Guy
Talk Soup
This Is the Life
Trigger Happy
Twister
Virus Alert
Waffle King
Weasel Stomping Day
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Out of those, the only ones I would really care to see live would be Cable TV, Don't Wear Those Shoes, Harvey, Mission Statement, Trigger Happy & Virus Alert.

However, if what has been discussed in this thread only under the cloak of spoiler tags turns out to actually happen, I think Shoes, France, Harvey & Weasel Stomping Day & This Is The Life would best fit THAT tour theme.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead was probably the only song I was expecting this year that didn't get played. Still wanna hear it!

But I'm hoping to hear some of the more complex songs next year since they will be a little easier to play by then, I'd imagine.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

OneWAY wrote:I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead was probably the only song I was expecting this year that didn't get played. Still wanna hear it!
I asked Al directly if he considered Mellow for the Vanity Tour. He said something like "Yeah, I considered it, then decided not to play it." I urged him to reconsider it for the next one!

My top list is still the same three as before the Vanity Tour:
I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead
Everything You Know Is Wrong
Slime Creatures From Outer Space

This Is The Life, Mission Statement, and Genius In France would be nice to see some time if there is a way to do them. And I am hoping that Al can write a new arrangement for Hardware Store as he did with Dare To Be Stupid this year, so that we can one day hear some representation of Hardware Store in a live setting.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

It still kills me that they DID write an arrangement for Hardware Store, but just didn't like it enough to perform it. I wonder if they have a demo recorded during a rehearsal that may be released someday...Bermuda...
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Something completely different would to stop closing with the saga begins and Yoda
. Tsb has basically been the closer since I became a fan, minus I thing 1 tour he did Albuquerque. And Yoda always gets me excited. But something else would probably be just as exciting. What songs were closers/encores before tsb?
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19