Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Strings Attached Tour 2019

Post by Muppetboy09 »

RunningWithScissors wrote:I hope Al will be okay, there doesn't seem to be enough room for him to get in and out for costume changes. - I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed he is, but I'm just saying, it looks like it will be a tight squeeze.
The picture I linked seems a bit misleading in terms of available space. In this photo from Jim, you can see that there is still plenty of room
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&sfns=mo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Okay, Spoiler time. In the latest episode of "Dave and Ethan's 2000" Weird Al Podcast", they interviewed the orchestral arranger for this tour. He dropped a whole bunch of spoilers.
Spoiler:
Fun Zone
Fat
Unplugged Medley
Tacky
Word Crimes
Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
One More Minute
Harvey The Wonder Hamster
Jurassic Park
Weasel Stomping Day
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Don't Download This Song
Jackson Park Express

You would think that this tour is going to have rotating songs, because there's no way all of this is gonna fit within 90 minutes (unless they completely do away with costume changes)
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Looks like Dave is going to be live tweeting tonight. I'll update this post as the setlist is revealed.

Orchestra Warm-up
  • -Indiana Jones
    -Mission Impossible
    -Superman
Setlist
  • -Fun Zone
    -Unplugged Medley (I Lost on Jeopardy/I Love Rocky Road/Like a Surgeon)
    -Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
    -Word Crimes
    -One More Minute
    -Jurassic Park
    -Don't Download This Song
    -Weasel Stomping Day
    -Tacky
    -Harvey the Wonder Hamster
    -Jackson Park Express
    -Smells Like Nirvana
    -Dare To Be Stupid
    -White & Nerdy
    -Amish Paradise

Encore:
    -The Saga Begins
    -Yoda
Last edited by Muppetboy09 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

So it seems to be a costume-less show at the moment, with Word Crimes so early in the setlist. That's fine by me!

EDIT:As per an image provided by Dave, it looks like there may be some small costume changes, but none that require Al or the band to leave the stage

Double Edit: Okay, so now there is a photo of Al performing Smells Like Nirvana in full costume. I guess we maybe just entered the costume portion of the show? I have no clue.

Final Edit: I just wanted to say that this is an awesome setlist! So many originals! I am a bit surprised that Al decided to remove any trace of his Michael Jackson parodies from the set, Eat It from the medley and Fat altogether. Maybe it was a smart move, but it's a shame, since those are arguably two of his most famous songs. Anyway, such a cool setlist. Can't wait to see it in a month!
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Do we know for sure, that the setlist is the same for every night?
(I'm in Fort Lauderdale now, btw, and can't wait till tomorrow!! ^_^ )
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Margarita wrote:Do we know for sure, that the setlist is the same for every night?
There seems to be at least one song that the Orchestral Arranger mentioned on the podcast that wasn't played tonight, so I'd say that there might be a song or two rotated throughout the tour in the first half of the show. But I would probably expect a similar setlist each night.
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
Margarita wrote:Do we know for sure, that the setlist is the same for every night?
There seems to be at least one song that the Orchestral Arranger mentioned on the podcast that wasn't played tonight, so I'd say that there might be a song or two rotated throughout the tour in the first half of the show. But I would probably expect a similar setlist each night.
Yeah, that's what I thought, thank you! :)
Last edited by Margarita on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floridave

Post by Floridave »

Got back from the Clearwater tour kick-off concert a while ago. This was our 6th WAY concert. The orchestra started just a little after 8 pm and after tuning, played the warm-up set list as listed above. This took about 15 minutes and during this time, the orchestra was alone on stage with no videos playing on the screen behind them.

After they finished, most of them left the stage and the house lights came up. This was confusing but the capacity crowd mostly stayed in their seats and talked. Music (not WAY's) was played over the speakers. After about 20 minutes, the lights went back down then Steve Jay and Jim West came on stage, checked their setups and walked off. The orchestra returned to their seats, tuned and went into "Fun Zone". The band came out and kicked things off! It was about 8:45 pm. No announcements were made concerning the delay.

The orchestra sounded OK but was all crammed together on risers so sounded somewhat indistinct and muffled.

The background singers had a lot of pitch problems. One was really flat and they probably need a monitor or earpieces.

The speakers were too loud and had too much bass. They covered up some of the lyrics and vocals.

All in all, it was a decent effort for a tour kick-off concert. There were some rough edges that will get better and the 45 minute delay was odd.
rhall46

Post by rhall46 »

Sounds like an awesome set list and can't wait till I go to the show in Charlotte in July! Does anyone have any pictures of what the merchandise booth is selling or what the tour shirts look like?
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Pics of the merch here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204943 ... 763888611/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm keeping my expectations low after hearing about this first show. For me, it's tough to follow last year's tour - the huge selection of deep cuts was so exciting. I really hope the mixing improves. The samples I heard were all drums. Not really interested in hearing the medley and DTBS again, but glad that Twine Ball is being played.