"Best Of" committee

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: "Best Of" committee

Post by joseyklein »

I'll take "Traffic Jam"

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

What do you guys consider the best way to put these all up? Here? Elsewhere? I'm not entirely sure and strongly encourage suggestions.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

It's almost something that deserves its own website, with a list of songs and links, etc.

Or each song could be a separate thread in this sub-forum.

I have no idea how much text you're dealing with.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

It does deserve its own website. I just don't know how to make one. Separate topics would be too unmanageable.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I found this info about creating a free wiki site:

--------------------------------------------------------
What is the best tool for creating free, online, private Wikis?

Amber Case, Director, Esri R&D Center Portland
Updated Feb 21, 2011
If you're looking for a private and free wiki solution, I'd recommend PBworks based on my experience with their service. It's free for personal use, hosted online (you won't have to install it on your server or have a domain name) and it's pretty simple to configure (much simpler than MediaWiki for someone who wants to get started quickly). If you're new to wikis, you'll like the ease of editing. If you're a wiki veteran, you'll find PBworks extremely simple to set up and very easy to use.

A number of my friends and colleagues use PBworks for their personal wikis. You can see two examples here: http://tantek.pbworks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://arielwaldman.pbworks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've also used PBworks for conference organization. I was able to keep some pages private and some public, so that the organizers could collaborate behind the scenes as well as push out information to guests.

The plan is free for personal use, and you can set pages as private within the wiki. https://plans.pbworks.com/signup..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Unlike some of the other hosted wikis out there, PBworks has no ads, which makes for a better experience if you're just looking for a space to collaborate or store your own information. In addition,

--------------------------------------------------------
Maybe something like that?
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I admit I get overwhelmed easily by that sort of thing and my professional life has taken priority lately. Is someone willing to handle the web part?

I'm thinking a tumblr account would be easier to be honest.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

How about this?

goo.gl/LjXZXp
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Excellent! Thank you so much. Okay, everyone- I'll edit the original post soon to establish such soon but the procedure will be to message me with your contributions and pending my approval I will send them to Ergalthema. I just need to balance some other stuff in my personal world tonight first.