Highlights & Anomalies thread

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

crazygurl14
Obsessed

Re: Highlights & Anomalies thread

Post by crazygurl14 »

Just finished the last show...... Not sure what to do with myself now since that's all I've done for the last month and a half in my spare time.......

Well. I enjoyed the looser feel of the show during the first week or so.

With regard to OMM, weird al was writing songs about break ups and talking about it long before Taylor Swift.

Any idea who his ex was during the time she wouldn't let him do I was Only Kidding during tours?

I really feel like now that Al doesn't have a record company over him anymore he is better than ever and getting to branch out and experiment and do new things trying to figure out how he wants his career to be now.

I loved all his celeb stories, I loved the banter with the band, I loved the slip ups. He truly sounded like he had tons of fun on this tour.

Next month will be what i call my Weird Al-aversary.
My mom introduced me to Al on my 10th birthday. 9/9/99. Will have been 19(!!!!!!!) Years of fandom and i van't wait to see what he does next!! :accordion: :tacky: :inlove: :ttr:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Has anyone noted the different musical intro for Happy Birthday at the Augusta show (#36)? They start playing another song and then transition into Happy Birthday. I feel like CB Johnny needs to know!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

TMBJon wrote:Has anyone noted the different musical intro for Happy Birthday at the Augusta show (#36)? They start playing another song and then transition into Happy Birthday. I feel like CB Johnny needs to know!
I did a couple posts ago, but it's so awesome that it deserves to be noticed twice! :D
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I was avoiding spoilers!!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I listened to Tucson this morning and all the songs I requested when Al asked last year were played right in a row - OMM Dog Eat Dog Ball of Twine - a trifecta :D
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:Has anyone noted the different musical intro for Happy Birthday at the Augusta show (#36)? They start playing another song and then transition into Happy Birthday. I feel like CB Johnny needs to know!
I think this was the show where they played the intro to The Beatles' song "Happy Birthday" leading into their song of the same name.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...