Hear EVERY Vanity Tour show on STITCHER

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: Hear EVERY Vanity Tour show on STITCHER

Post by Yankopunk »

Exactly. If something can be streamed, it can be downloaded/recorded/copied. Covers and closers like "The Saga Begins" and "Yoda" aside, you'd think this tour's songs would be easier to license because they're all originals. I know I'd be happy to spend money on the show I attended.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Al told me last night that he listened to the first few shows as they will be presented on Stitcher, and they are exactly as the show happened, nothing edited out, not even the mistakes. And yes, they will include all of the covers, too.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

Yeah but I'm wondering if there's going to be some "click here download to your device" button or a "buy this show for $9.99" or if it's going to involve some "workarounds" with the streaming service in order to preserve these recordings? One reason I've never been a fan of streaming (not just music, but movies and tv as well, and also digital-purchase video games) is you never know when the provider is suddenly going to pull the content, and then you have no way to watch/listen to it anymore.
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

It’s going to involve some workarounds.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Typically downloading to a smartphone device is a feature however access is only through the Stitcher app. Therefore you couldn't keep your content after uninstalling the app and you can't play it on another app.

However, I'm mighty curious what the workarounds Jon mentions would entail. It's unrealistic of me to expect but individual song purchases would certainly blow my mind.
cakewrinkle

Post by cakewrinkle »

I guess the URL is not valid until June? It's a 404 right now...
stitcherpremium.com/weirdal
amyshy
Occasional

Post by amyshy »

cakewrinkle wrote:I guess the URL is not valid until June? It's a 404 right now...
Possibly. But I don't think the code really is needed to get the 30 day free trial deal, they seem to give that to everyone. Once the concerts are released you can search for the streams pretty easily.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

amyshy wrote:
cakewrinkle wrote:I guess the URL is not valid until June? It's a 404 right now...
Possibly. But I don't think the code really is needed to get the 30 day free trial deal, they seem to give that to everyone. Once the concerts are released you can search for the streams pretty easily.
Indeed. That does get me thinking though. We might want to encourage everyone to use the promo code. It could possibly be a way for Stitcher to assess how much traffic Al brings in. ^_^ Who knows what other opportunities present themselves to Al after his legion of avid-if-not-rabid nerds cry out "Weird Al sent us!" 8)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

The entire tour is going to be streaming online in less than two days!!!!!!!!

:tacky:
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I'm curious as to whether it would be a midnight release deal and if so what timezone is Stitcher based out of.