Up-To-Date Tally of Songs Performed

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

hungerfan
Occasional

Re: Up-To-Date Tally of Songs Performed

Post by hungerfan »

I just thought of an addition to the spreadsheet that would be nice. A script that will auto sort them for you from most played down to least played. I have one setup in my sheet for this poker group I am in that keeps track of points earned each game. As soon as a new game is played and data is entered the script kicks in and will resort the leader board. Just makes it easier to see the tunes that have been played the most.

The only problem I would see is that you would need to tweak it so it only sorted certain rows and then you would not lose your grouping at the end.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

hungerfan wrote:I just thought of an addition to the spreadsheet that would be nice. A script that will auto sort them for you from most played down to least played. I have one setup in my sheet for this poker group I am in that keeps track of points earned each game. As soon as a new game is played and data is entered the script kicks in and will resort the leader board. Just makes it easier to see the tunes that have been played the most.

The only problem I would see is that you would need to tweak it so it only sorted certain rows and then you would not lose your grouping at the end.
Have you checked out the "Charts and Graphs" tab? It (as well as the "Songs" tab) has the originals listed that way.

Also, you can sort by column C to get a similar list.

If you're asking for a different functionality, I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding.
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

I didn't even notice you had more data in tabs! :)
drtrogg

Post by drtrogg »

Somewhere I saw an interview with Jim that said they had a "library of about 50 songs to choose from".

Sounded like a lot, but you've got 48 listed for the originals!
May 28, 1996 Toad's Place New Haven, CT
Oct 19, 2012 NSMT Beverly MA
Jun 6, 2015 Foxwoods
Sep 14, 2016 PPAC Providence, RI
Mar 2, 2018 Foxwoods
May 7, 2022 Chevalier Medford, MA
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

After hearing the Albuquerque fakeout version, I decided to add it as its own original song on the spreadsheet. Any opinions about this? Googling the lyrics didn't show any results, so I'm guessing this was an original song just for this gag?
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I'm pretty sure Al has played the fake-out version live before, as it shows up on the set list page as a rarely-played concert-only song.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Bermuda listed it as Albuquerque - 'fake' versions.
Elvis and Catradohtem have listed it on The Songography as "Albuquerque (Special Fake Version)"
I don't recall Bermuda always pluralizing it.... unless I'm having a silly little Mandela effect confabulated memory moment.

I wonder what other versions may have sounded like.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Elvis told me that Al sang one word of Reunited by Peaches and Herbs before they went into YDLMA for the 05/09/18 show.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Need some yelp, yall. I decided to mark all the songs which were played live for the first time on this tour. I'm mainly concerned about the covers. I tried to do some from memory, but I know it needs work. Can you tell me which ones are marked incorrectly?
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

ergalthema wrote:Need some yelp, yall. I decided to mark all the songs which were played live for the first time on this tour. I'm mainly concerned about the covers. I tried to do some from memory, but I know it needs work. Can you tell me which ones are marked incorrectly?
Here are my notes:

Originals:
-Fun Zone (technically played for the first time)
-Dare To Be Stupid Unplugged (first time playing this version, not sure if that counts)
-My Own Eyes (Al announced it as being the first time played live)
-Good Enough For Now
-UHF
-Christmas At Ground Zero

Covers:
-Uncontrollable Urge (To my knowledge, this has never been done live)
-867 5309 (Al sang with a different band, which generally disqualified the originals as "being performed live" before)
-Psycho Killer (Again, to my knowledge, this has never been done live)
-Close To You (Done live on multiple occasions)
-China Grove (The archive page on weirdal.com has this song listed under the "You Had To Be There" section, indicating it had been done before)
-Beat on the Brat (On an album, but never done live)
-Beer Barrel Polka (Done with the Roots, not Al's band, so technically the first time)
-Sweet Home Alabama (Partially performed during the Poodle Hat Tour)
-Girl U Want (Again, Al performed with a different band, so mark as you see fit)

"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic