3/26 lexington opera house

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 3/26 lexington opera house

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yea i didn't wait, just assumed. Saw Dave tweet it but was like, they'll figure it out. Looks like I made as ass out of U and me. Ergal are you a guy or a gal?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I'm a guy. Hope I didn't seem like a jerk with the corrections. I was using speech-to-text on my way home last night, just wanted to help with the accuracy of the setlist as soon as possible.

Really enjoyed the show. It exceeded my expectations. He had only played Nature Trail at about 27% (really) of the shows, and I was really hoping to hear it at one of the 4 or 5 I'll be attending. So, I was surprised when it was the second song I heard! There's a lot I could say about the show, but for now I'll just say I loved it.
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

One month to go before he will be in Dallas!!! I see sets like this and get really excited. Looks like 22 more shows until then...which means he could play ANYTHING at this point for the show here.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I had a good time last night. Met up with Dave and Jackie and did my part for the YNN.

I however had terrible seats and wish i asked for a different seat like they said i should. Very end of the row with a pillar in the way. I started out a few seats over since there was no one sitting in them but about a minute into Jackson Park Express started they decided to show up and they were such obnoxious people . i felt bad for the poo women sitting directly in front who was getting the full power of his screaming, woo-ing and clapping. Next time i will choose my seats more wisely.

I was very much suprised with how much i enjoyed Emo and his set

Not much to add about the show. I loved getting to hear midnight star.

After the show i went straight to the busses. As usual a group if us ga gathered. Someone pointed out that Steve was out so we went over ti him and i got a picture with him(no one had a pen handy to get his autograph). About 10 mins later, Ruben and Emo come out and put their stuff on the bus. Ruben went back in to the venue but Emo stayed out. At that time it began to rain. But he was awesome and signed and took pictures. He wanted to go back inside cuz he said he was going to get sick but he didnt tell anyone no to any request. After waiting a while and being told he wasnt going to see us due to the weathr we saw Al getting on the bus. He waved bye and off they went. I am 0 for 8 on trying to see him after shows.

Walkimg back to my car i saw Dave and Jackie doin their YNN business. I was waiting to put my 2 cents in but decided not to wait cuz i still had to drive a hour and a half back home and it was raining.

Sorry if this was not easily understandable. I am running on 3, maybe less, hours of sleep today
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Yay!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
icyjones

Post by icyjones »

Great setlist. I would only really be missing "I Remember Larry"
Nature Trail to Hell has always been a favorite of mine, being a huge horror movie fan.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Here's Dave's review from this show!

Youtube

If you have Weird Al related news or a concert review, you too can be a correspondent for YNN. Contact me and we’ll set it up!

-Alicia :ph34r:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Everyone this is a long video but it's worth some time. One of the finest videos from YNN yet. I really appreciated hearing Jackie's thoughts about the tourchasing lifestyle.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.