Songs You Could Live Without

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Though I mentioned it with the albums, specifically, I really don't wanna see Wanna Be Ur Lover. I feel like we might be safe since he has been doing that every tour since it came out, but I never really liked it.

The last time I saw him, last year, I knew the whole show that during that, I was gonna go to the Merch table, knowing I could beat the crowd.

......I was shocked at how many others seemed to have my Idea :o I'd say there was at least 20 other people there.

I hope he does One More Minute instead.

(And that's a thought I had, with WBYL and/or OMM, if he does either, he said No costumes, props, or video screens... didn't say anything about not going into the audience....)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I am really hoping OMM replaces WBUL, amazing original, I have still not seen.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters From a Planet Near Mars
Anything off of Alapalooza
Gotta Boogie
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

Wanna B Ur Luvr. Give it a rest. Hopefully Al has something else in mind for an audience participation song on this your, but this song never seems to end when they do it live....

Melanie. What can the problem be? I've seen it so many times live across multiple tours, would like to see something else take its slot. Al sure seems to have a special attachment to this one tho.

+1 DTBS. Love the song and it's a fun performance but give it a break.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I actually WOULD like to see Albuquerque live on this tour since I'm apparently among the small handful of people on this forum who wasn't able to see Al live ten years ago on the SOL tour...but yeah, as long as it's not too frequently occurring. That and UHF (who cares if the lyrics aren't funny? It woukd still make for an awesome live performance!) may be the only choices on here I disagree with (although I certainly wouldn't mind hearing some of the deeper cuts from the post Poodle Hat era myself whether they've already been played in the last 10-15 years or not)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I'd be okay with Albuquerque, but I could go either way on that. I'm not much of a fan of UHF either, the amazing video notwithstanding, so I'd prefer not to see that.

Aside from that, I'm mostly excited about the prospect of hearing songs that I've never heard live before, so I'm hoping he dials back on the originals that have been prevalent in the live shows for the past decade or two.

Oh, and I could totally live without "That Boy Could Dance". I've just never been a fan of it.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

You were not made for Rock N' Roll!!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Albuquerque has so many lines he would switch night to night so it'd be a bit different at every show. In Canada he doesn't stop into a donut shop, he stops at Tim Horton's. Not knowing, most Canadians hate it.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankomaniac wrote:Albuquerque has so many lines he would switch night to night so it'd be a bit different at every show. In Canada he doesn't stop into a donut shop, he stops at Tim Horton's. Not knowing, most Canadians hate it.
The fact that he switches out what kind of donut he's asking for each night doesn't change the fact that it's an 11-minute song, often way longer during the 2007 tour, and it could be replaced by 3-4 other songs in the setlist.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:The fact that he switches out what kind of donut he's asking for each night doesn't change the fact that it's an 11-minute song, often way longer during the 2007 tour, and it could be replaced by 3-4 other songs in the setlist.
Jon, I got an email yesterday saying you quoted my other post in this thread in the Tapatalk app yet I don't see it here in the forum in Google Chrome. Did you post something and then delete it at breakneck speed or did you just click the "quote" button by accident or something and then just go back?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...