Songs You Could Live Without

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

bizarreblair
Occasional

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Post by bizarreblair »

Muppetboy09 wrote: They aren't referring to the lyrics offending people. They are specifically mentioning how Al goes into the audience and grinds on people. Most people would think it was in good fun, but it's only a matter of time before one audience member thinks he went too far and deems it sexual assault. I honestly could see Lovr being replaced by OMM for a number of reasons, that being one of them.
I understand what Yankopunk is saying. I am citing another instance and equating the ridiculousness of it being equal to anyone who would be offended at Al's antics during Lovr.

And for the record, IMHO I would rather not see Lovr nor OMM on the new tour. Both have been performed plenty.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I feel like Lovr shouldn’t be performed on this tour - not for the reasons people have given regarding the recent sexual assault allegations, but because it really doesn’t “fit in” with the set Al’s really wanting here. The whole point of Al playing Lovr live is really for those sexy antics that make those women swoon (I’ve never seen him live but as a few old members may know.. worked for me!) and that really doesn’t match with the sets Al’s wanting to do.

And it just wouldn’t be as funky, and as another user has said, it’s been on the set list too many times. We can cut it out and consider it done until the next “normal” tour.

Maybe I’m going mildly off-topic, but I’d really be hoping Al doesn’t pull a surprise Jonathan Richman and only starts playing acoustic. It would be interesting, but also mildly disappointing, ya know?
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yes it would. Hopefully there are only a few sit down numbers. I think it's finally time for the song to rest a bit, guessing it will be back but I am really hoping for like 3 songs in it's place instead. Would love One More Minute though.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

Gotta Boogie
I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead (sorry, this one irks me)
That Boy Could Dance
Slime Creatures from Outer Space
Cable TV
One Of Those Days
Don't Wear Those Shoes
Velvet Elvis
Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters...
Young, Dumb & Ugly
Frank's 2000" TV (overrated, plus I already saw it)
Traffic Jam
Waffle King
Albuquerque (at least not in every show)
Party at the Leper Colony
Wanna B Ur Lovr (for reasons mentioned by others)
Genius In France
If That Isn't Love
Lame Claim to Fame
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Terrible.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Here would be my worst possible setlist based on the songs that have been played so far on the tour:

CNR
You Don't Love Me Anymore
One More Minute
Good Old Days
Why Does This Always Happen To Me?
Albuquerque
Bob
Close But No Cigar
Craigslist
I'll Sue Ya
The Night Santa Went Crazy
Let Me Be Your Hog
My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder
Your Horoscope For Today
Party at the Leper Colony
Dog Eat Dog

I love all of these songs obviously, and will be thrilled to hear them spread out over the course of the four shows I'm going to. But these are the 16 I have seen live already and would be least excited to see again this year given the 32 songs I mentioned in the dream setlist thread. Note: Oddly, Bob makes it into both the dream setlist and worst setlist. Can't explain it, but it's true!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

TMBJon wrote: Note: Oddly, Bob makes it into both the dream setlist and worst setlist. Can't explain it, but it's true!
Not QUITE the same but, I know for me, Dare To Be Stupid was on my worst list (Because I've seen it 4 times, and there are other originals I'd rather see) But if he would have done it at my show, I'm sure I would have still enjoyed it, and felt a certain amount of happiness/nostalgia. And the two songs he played at My show that I don't care for, I enjoyed more than I thought I would.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

The songs I could live without are any material available on home video.