03/07/18- Montreal, Que, CAN Centre De Arts

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 03/07/18- Montreal, Que, CAN Centre De Arts

Post by Yankomaniac »

I Was Only Kidding was wild! I'll post more later in day. Just got back to Ottawa.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I sooooooo hope he plays biggest ball of twine when i see him in Lousiville!!!!
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

That's AWESOME!!! I was only kidding is one of my favs. That takes my list of wants down to three that I've never heard before (Frank's 2000" TV Callin' In Sick and Virus Alert) and one of my absolute favs that I have seen already (Germs) But he's already done so many I wanna see... no matter what he does it will be a great show :D.

You know? There's a few songs of his I don't really care for, but of those that he's played so far... it turns out, I didn't really give them a fair chance (IE Good Enough For Now) Now I actually kinda hope he plays it when I see him. XD but yeah, I think in total there are like 8 originals I never cared for, and he's played 6 of them, and I am now a fan of 4. :)
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I would be totally happy with that setlist for sure (gotta admit I mainly want to hear Twine Ball...).
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

Yeah I am happy with everything I have seen for each show. TBBoTiM would just be the icing on the cake for my daughter and I to hear since it is one of her favorite originals. Usually when we are both in the car she is requesting Living in the Fridge OR that one.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

The sound on Twine Ball was so good, I was going out of my mind. Velvet Elvis and I Remember Larry were also incredible. Seeing I Was Only Kidding was a hell of a treat and Al said that they couldn't do it on the Off The Deep End Tour because his girlfriend at the time was pretty offended by it and asked him not to. He seemed pretty happy to finally be able to do it on stage! Emo was great, he's just one of those comedians that can make you laugh no matter what he sais or what face he makes. Al's vocals were the best I have ever heard and BERMUDA was tight as hell on Jackson Park Express, Larry, Velvet Elvis and I Was Only Kidding. Oh, and My Own Eyes, was deadly. We were also front row in front of Steve and their were little theatre PA's right in front of my seat so from where I was it couldn't have sounded better. Also met Mashed Potato who was extremely nice and the guy that came from Halifax there, he was nice, hope you guys had as good of a time as I did!

CANNOT WAIT TIL TOMMOROW...though the weather is brutal now and I have to train to Toronto tomorrow morning. Let's hope it goes well tomorrow. With an Al show followed by a Jim West & Steve Jay show, it'll be like ALFest or something. Still a ton I'm hoping to hear tomorrow night. JW was absolutely hilarious last night as well, always fascinated by his hospitality! Jim and Steve are just the coolest musicians on earth, enough said.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh, I did want to ask anybody who saw My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder in their set, did Al tell the story about his one and only time meeting Vedder? That was probably the funniest bit in the show. Al was blazing the accordion for it too, glad I saw that one since I missed the Scissors Tour.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

What’s the story about meeting Eddie Vedder?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'm curious now.. Eddie vedder story?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I guess the only time Al met Vedder it was backstage at Pearl Jams show and he was there with his manager who at the time drank quite heavily and has obviously since been fired. but he was intoxicated so Al was a bit worried. As they approached Eddie, Al introduced himself, and then the manager comes over and is like "Eddie Vedder...YOUU THIINK YOUR SOOOOOO GOOOOD". And then Al frantically was like "Okaaay, let's go, time to goo, BYE!!"