05/01/2018 Paramount Theater, Denver, CO

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: 05/01/2018 Paramount Theater, Denver, CO

Post by Killingsworth »

I'm gonna post the full set list in the 2018 set lists thread shortly but first I want to share with you guys an amazing story about meeting Al.

When it was finally my turn to get an autograph & photo, I said "Hi, Al!" and Al looked at me and just said "Casey!" before I could even get my own name out. At first, I thought he may have just been reading my M&G nametag until he also said "nice live tweeting, by the way!" Then, it hit me...

HE LEGITIMATELY REMEMBERS WHO I AM NOW!!! (at least from Twitter if not from the past two times I've met him irl in Denver!)

He then said he was glad he could get to all of my Twitter requests and apologized for not playing Velvet Elvis that night (as well as in advance for not planning to play it in Grand Junction tomorrow night). I thanked him anyway for the amazing rest of the set list that he DID play (trust me, you guys are going to love seeing the rest of it).

He then said the set lists are usually put together weeks in advance. I joked that I should've thought to tweet him earlier and he reminded me that last fall was when he was taking Twitter requests.

He then said that he knew there were going to be a lot of intense hardcore fans at the Denver show (like there always are every time he comes to Denver) and they have to really break out the fan favorites and the most well known of the obscure deep cuts. He also mentioned that he didn't let himself get talked into doing a matinee in Denver since he already did one in Boston on this tour and one in Denver on the previous tour.

This pretty much made my whole night. I've finally reached a point that others on this forum have already reached where I've met and interacted with Al enough times that he knows me personally. Thats' one life goal achieved!
Last edited by Killingsworth on Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Als never addressed me by name :(

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Sure feels good to have your idol know who you are eh?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

To whomever on this board is collecting all the photos of the printed & framed VIP set list, I have just posted mine on both my Twitter, Instagram (@caseyk27) and Facebook. The Twitter one is at the end of my most recent thread and the Instagram one is at the end of my latest multi-photo post there. The Facebook one is in my most recent album of photos from the show.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...