Requests for Originals

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Requests for Originals

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, some songs will probably just be getting a couple shows while others may be so fun to do that they do at nearly every show. I am really hoping Midnight Star and UHF are done at most shows. Not stripped down versions either, rock versions! Al rocking that keyboard on Midnight Star!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yeah, as much as I would LOVE to see Genius in France done live, I am almost 100% sure it has no chance of showing up this tour (or possibly ever). Here is the full interview segment from a couple years back.

Youtube
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Yeah, as much as I would LOVE to see Genius in France done live, I am almost 100% sure it has no chance of showing up this tour (or possibly ever).
I would say I'm 100% sure now, because in this podcast Bermuda has officialy confirmed that there will be no Genius in France (at least during the 2018 tour) :(
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Margarita wrote: I would say I'm 100% sure now, because in this podcast Bermuda has officialy confirmed that there will be no Genius in France (at least during the 2018 tour) :(
Glad that Biggest Ball of Twine was on his list. Would love to hear that live!

Edit: I'd love to hear any/all of these live. Good Old Days is another at the top of my list.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

SophieT wrote:When I got home from work today I looked up Crosby, Stills and Nash live.
Golly, with one guitar and the three of them standing at a mic singing, amazing!

Al can do Mission Statement for sure.
With all due respect to Al and his band, there's a huge difference between what CSN can do with a mic and what Al can do.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

TMBJon wrote:
SophieT wrote:When I got home from work today I looked up Crosby, Stills and Nash live.
Golly, with one guitar and the three of them standing at a mic singing, amazing!

Al can do Mission Statement for sure.
With all due respect to Al and his band, there's a huge difference between what CSN can do with a mic and what Al can do.
I wonder.... <_< When I saw Al and his band sing his acoustic medley during the Mandatory Fun tour, I thought they showed tremendous ability to sing together.
Also, they DID sing it for the record.

BTW, I think I've just been turned on to C,S,& N. I just made my husband listen to Our House. I love this song!!!
Thanks Al for turning me on to some 70's music.

On a funny note, I feel like I'm living Al's Eddy Vedder song. My husband is over the moon with Poppy and I'm the one who feels like stalking Al. :wub:
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

SophieT wrote: On a funny note, I feel like I'm living Al's Eddy Vedder song. My husband is over the moon with Poppy and I'm the one who feels like stalking Al. :wub:
I feel like I can relate to both of you - I like Poppy very much (I wish she'd become famous enough for Al to parody her!) and stalking Al on the Internet (without making him uncomfortable, of course) feels to me like the most natural thing to do, at this point. :lol:
P.S. And My Baby's In Love with Eddie Vedder is a great song, which I would really enjoy seeing live! :)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Would love to hear That Boy Could Dance live! Too bad about Genius, just leaves room for other ones I guess. Good Old Days would be nice too. Perhaps they will be pulling out OMM and Twine Ball a lot more too then.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yeah, I think One More Minute is going to be an every night thing. Al always says that he loves songs when he gets to go into the audience, and I'm assuming he won't be doing WBUL this time around.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

Wait!!! Hold the phone!!!!

I'm listening to Even Worse as I wash the windows and re hang my curtains, when You Make Me comes on.
How could I forget how much I LOVE this song! :tacky:

Oh, my list of original requests is getting longer. It's not my fault. Why did Al have to write so many great songs?