2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by Yankomaniac »

When I was talking with Jim in Montreal a woman approached Jim with a Squeezebox book. I think a lot of people are probably bringing those.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
icyjones

Post by icyjones »

I have been debating the book vs the actual accordion. Will have to do a little test on the accordion to see if the marker would wipe off too easily.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

icyjones wrote:I have been debating the book vs the actual accordion. Will have to do a little test on the accordion to see if the marker would wipe off too easily.
Remember, this thing is both bulky and delicate. You don't want people walking past you to go to the bathroom and kicking it accidentally and destroying it

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

I had Al sign an actual accordion. But that was back during the Bad Hair Tour.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I've never met Al or had him sign anything before. I'm considering:

1. Even Worse-era CPFoA newsletter
2. Keyboard mag with Al on the cover (not much room for a signature, but has sentimental significance)
3. A printed version of the spreadsheet I made to track this tour (up to this point)
4. The Squeeze Box book
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

ergalthema wrote:3. A printed version of the spreadsheet I made to track this tour (up to this point)
Considering Al has referenced the spreadsheet himself, you must choose to have him sign that! He will love seeing it in physical form and meeting the guy behind it!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

TMBJon wrote:Considering Al has referenced the spreadsheet himself, you must choose to have him sign that! He will love seeing it in physical form and meeting the guy behind it!
You might have just convinced me!
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

ergalthema wrote:
TMBJon wrote:Considering Al has referenced the spreadsheet himself, you must choose to have him sign that! He will love seeing it in physical form and meeting the guy behind it!
You might have just convinced me!
You just need to figure out how to have him sign part of it that is complete so once the rest is done it can be "attached" for a complete list of every show.

I am wondering if I should take my Eat It single to have signed or just pass. Never met him and that is the one thing I would like to have signed since it was the start of my fixation on the man we all love so much. Would hate for something to happen to it while I was at the show though.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

icyjones wrote:I have been debating the book vs the actual accordion. Will have to do a little test on the accordion to see if the marker would wipe off too easily.
Somebody in I think Greensburg brought the accordion. He brought it in the original shipping box so it wouldn’t get damaged. No idea if he had to buy tickets for its own seat. :lol:

If you can get it into the venue, Al will sign it. :good:
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Elvis wrote:If you can get it into the venue, Al will sign it. :good:
Hey, if you buy it at the venue, and eat out of it, Al will still sign it.

(He was genuinely amused by the fact that they were selling this at the Apollo, BTW)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!