03/18/2018 Lancaster, PA - American Music Theatre

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

ThisGuyMarty
Occasional

Re: 03/18/2018 Lancaster, PA - American Music Theatre

Post by ThisGuyMarty »

Who is Hello There by originally?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Whoa... the cover was "Hello There". As in "Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready to rock" ???

Cheap Trick. OMG. I love Weird Al, but Cheap Trick is my #1.
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

Yankomaniac wrote:No it is in the style of Grateful Dead but Al has declared that it's called "Unplugged".
Well then Al needs stop introducing it as a Grateful Dead song if he doesn't want people to call it that.....
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

The setlists have said "Dare To Be Stupid" and "Dare To Be Stupid (Unplugged)" but Elvis coined "Grateful Dead Version" and it stuck.

Al calls it Dare To Be Stupid and said if we need to categorize it then he suggests "(Unplugged)
So, in your defense, I wouldn't call it a declaration either.

Makes sense to me.
Al did Eat It in the style of Eric Clapton but do we call it the Eric Clapton Version?

But, with respect, my fellow fan, no: Al doesn't "need" to do anything. ;)

On a different note- sounds like another awesome show. Anyone doing a YNN video?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

That Boy Could Dance was also played at the show tonight! I don't recall when though.
imthewalrus79

Post by imthewalrus79 »

Such a fun show. I was really happy he did Generic Blues and Your Horoscope For Today since they’re two of my favorite originals. And it seemed the whole audience was very happy to hear Albuquerque. I had the meet and greet VIP and someone asked about him doing Trigger Happy. Al replied that they had rehearsed it, but with current events, he didn’t feel it was appropriate to perform it, which, of course, is understandable. He also mentioned that he had received some flack for doing Truck Driving Song. Some people are so quick to be offended that they completely miss the joke. He was also asked about doing Gotta Boogie. His response was they don’t perform it because it sucks, which drew some response from fans of the song. But another great Al show.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Yankovic Farley wrote:That Boy Could Dance was also played at the show tonight! I don't recall when though.
Yes, in between "I'll Sue Ya" and "My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder"

I remember tweeting it but maybe I didn't press send? :think: I was way too excited as that's the one song that I haven't heard yet that I was most looking forward to, as it's one of my favorites, and that and "I Remember Larry" were that last two remaining that I hadn't seen yet! As soon as he said B-side, I started anticipating and I think I screamed before he even finished saying "Eat It".

Killer setlist tonight! This is my favorite setlist of the ones that I've seen so far. He really rocked it! :killed:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Awesome--I know you were waiting for that one! I don't think the numbers are in my favor for hearing everything. Maybe I'll gather up the remaining songs in a list and try to slip it in as the playlist for my one remaining show. :sly:

I wish I could have made this one (and no, I did not have secret forgotten tickets this time), though I've thankfully seen most of this playlist already.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

Once he did Albuquerque I was in my happy place for the rest of the show.

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

I want to share my experience from this show last night. :)
Ok, that was something I will never forget! Every time I think that Al is the best, he does something to prove that he is even better! So, when I went to the Meet&Greet my initial plan was 1) to be the last one in line, so I get more time to talk to Al 2)come to Al and say "Hi, Al! It's me, Margarita, your biggest fan from Siberia" and then find out whether he remembers me from the letter I sent him last year or not. But if becoming the last in the line was not so hard to achieve (special thanks to the nice couple who also wanted to be the last, but was kind enough to let me have this honorary position anyway), still, I could not finish my sentence - I just said "It's me, Margarita" and Al immediately got up on his feet and hugged me!!! :whoot: Of course, after that, I lost an ability to speak any language at all, let along english, so the next couple of minutes I was mumbling something incoherent. "It's an honour to meet you!" said Al in his usual manner, which, at first, I took to be a joke, so I mumbled "Why it's an honour? :blink: " But Al just turned up to J.W. and said: "Oh, don't you know? She came all the way from Siberia!". And that's when I realized that probably Al was really kinda glad to see somebody travelling this far to see his shows. But I completely blanked out then, and forgot to do the thing I wanted to do the most - to thank Al for all kindest things he did to me (like letting me know that he recieved my letter, and playing all my favorite songs, including the one I asked him to play on twitter that day("My Baby's in Love with Eddie Vedder"). And then, it turned out that Al also was aware of me being in Atlanic City two days ago, so it seems to me that after I post this message he may somehow magically find out that I wanted to say AL, THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID!
Also, I want to thank all awesome people from this forum that I was hanging out with before the show - Dave, Jackie, Mike, Amy - you're so great, guys!
And here's a nice picture of Al and not so nice picture of me ( I kinda look like Al's dark and evil side here :devil: :lol: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Margarita on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.