The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by yankochick38 »

Y'all shoulda registered for the Arizona/New Mexico shows. All clear here!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'm with ya Jon. The Jon's are lost here. I am expecting code was to be coming from Al's site where we got them from the last tour. Ticketmaster themselves don't give the codes, least I don't think I had gotten it from them last time.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

This might be worth a read:
http://insider.ticketmaster.com/verifiedfan-faq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The #VerifiedFan Onsale has started, I registered and never received my offer code?
Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.
:wacko:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Florian Buechting
Occasional

Post by Florian Buechting »

Received a mail with a code from Al which worked out fine... Had a "generic code" which was not working and a unique one, which was unique enough to at least work three times (might be as all three bookings, Chattanooga, Augusta and Atlanta went to different platforms (etix, Live Nation and another Ticketmaster company...).

Strange process still... At least I got what I somehow wanted...

See you guys out there in 2018 :)
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Checking back on my phone, I got the text (never got an e-mail; maybe because my text was delivered successfully?) at 8:02am, two hours before sale time.

Ticketmaster Verified Fan dropped the ball, though, by linking to the incorrect website and page to buy tickets. Apparently, a lot of people had trouble, from what I could hear in the background from when I called the box office. If they would’ve linked to the correct website and page, there would’ve been no issue. I’m lucky I was able to search for and find the correct place. Waiting on the phone would’ve led to more heartache, headache, and disaster.

For a show that supposedly has “limited commercial appeal,” why even bother to make us jump through hoops and botch up everything?! If it’s so unappealing, there shouldn’t be a problem. Had no problem buying front row seats last time. Ugh! :angry:

In the end, I do feel fortunate I got tickets. And I’ll be meeting him one last time!

I’ll probably be the only one from here at the show, so I promise I’ll do my best to represent WOWAY. Hopefully I won’t become a mess when I see Al again. I doubt he’d remember me, but if he somehow did, I don’t know how I’ll keep from bawling. Maybe I’ll luck out and get the world’s best hug again!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

TMBJon wrote:This might be worth a read:
http://insider.ticketmaster.com/verifiedfan-faq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The #VerifiedFan Onsale has started, I registered and never received my offer code?
Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.
:wacko:
But the email I received last night specifically said I had been selected to receive a code.
Sophie832

Post by Sophie832 »

Nessie wrote: But the email I received last night specifically said I had been selected to receive a code.
Exactly. During the registration process, it was made clear that not everyone would receive a code. However, the email I received yesterday stated I would be getting a code via text message 2-4 hours prior to the on-sale time. It also stated that if the text message could not go through, an email would be sent with the code. I received neither.

I am not upset that I had to jump through a few hoops to register, but I am upset that Ticketmaster basically lied to me.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

This whole process has been a nightmare. In theory, getting tickets into the hands of the super fans was a good idea, but in practice, it was a complete disaster. Why the need for all this presale stuff? It just makes it harder for everyone. I literally spent all day hunting down codes and tickets. (And I've listened to "Word Crimes" so I know the proper use of literally!) I'm a super fan so I did it, I'm sure the casual fan gave up long before I did. The people buying Weird Al tickets the second they go on sale are the super fans -- JUST SELL TICKETS!!

Thanks to many of my close personal friends who sent me codes, I eventually found tickets for all but four (Poughkeepsie, Atlantic City, Lexington, and Los Angeles) of the concerts I was looking to attend. Those four I will try my luck on Friday. I won't single you out here, but if you sent me a code, THANK YOU! I am so grateful! I shared the codes I knew worked with everyone. The one that seems to work the best is SIVT2018. You need to use it directly on the venue's website though, it won't work on Ticketmaster. A couple of venues I lucked into good seats, but I'm much further back than I like to be. When the first 15 rows are reserved for VIP, it's tough to get close. I can't afford VIP for more than a couple of shows. $279 a pop times two, sorry, can't do that. I'm going old school this time, as I will still be hanging out at the bus after the show! Hope to see some of you there!

I'm sure Al's heard of the issues and aware of the problem. He's on top of things, he knows what's going on. Someone from Al's camp did contact me to find out what was going on so there is that. I got an email out of the blue around 4:00 with a unique presale code in it. Best I can tell it went out to all the fans who got stiffed. If you are in that boat, check your email, you probably got a code too, or will get one eventually. I appreciate the email, but I received it six hours after the first tickets went on sale.

If this verified fan thing is the way for Ticketmaster to stop scalpers, it's flawed. Scalpers are already on all the mailing lisrs. If I made my living selling Bruce Springsteen tickets, you better believe I'd be on Bruce Springsteen's mailing list. Multiple times with multiple emails. And every one of them I'd sign up for a verified fan code. I'd only need to get lucky once. I don't sell tickets for a living and if I can find a way to circumvent the system with 30 seconds of thought, a scalper who does this for a living already did the same. Are there really that many scalpers hosrding Weird Al tickets anyway?

I hope everyone eventually got or gets the tickets they want. if I can help in any way, let me know, I learned a lot about presales and codes today! I'm annoyed, but I'll get over it. Looking forward to the show! Let me know if you'll be at any shows I'll be at. I'd love to catch up with as many people as possible in person! You might learn a thing or two! Image

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

The code you listed, SIVT2018, worked for me for Palm Springs, but not for VIP tickets, which is what my husband wants. Worth a shot. I have reached out to Ticketmaster and CID Entertainment about this, but haven't heard anything from them. Guess I'll just have to wait until Friday and take my chances.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

It worked for Montreal, thanks Dave! Still gotta find the Toronto code if anybody knows it and wants to help me out. If you have tickets, mind as well throw your code out there. :lookaround:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!