The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by TMBJon »

Marvel: "Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history."

Me:

Youtube
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Not sure where to post this, and I apologize if this is the wrong place.

I’m posting this from my phone at the hospital. Recently, I was rushed to the ER as my right lung was failing and I had a very high fever, along with other things. Ended up being a case of pneumonia I couldn’t fight and work through this time. Normally I’d be strong enough to keep working while I got treated, but not this time (would’ve died, they said, if I didn’t go in).

At first I was just ashamed and sad because of having to miss work (and lose money), and also worrying about the medical bills that will be coming down the road (thanks, US healthcare even with expensive insurance!)... but then a new worry came about:

I’m supposed to attend one of Al’s next shows. I got the VIP Meet and Greet package. I know there are no refunds or sales to others allowed, and I’m still hoping I can be released and be well enough to go (the thought of seeing and meeting Al is inspiring me to get better).

Is there any way I could still get anything out of my purchase if my brother and I don’t go? For example, having my swag mailed to me or even having Al sign my set list or something? Is anyone here going? Maybe it’d be possible to get a quick video of him saying hello to me (with my real name)?

Forgive any mistakes. I’m just going crazy in this hospital bed and have a lot on my mind. Love you all!

EDIT: San Antonio show.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I'm of no help but FEEL BETTER!!! Get well soon!!!!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

RunningWithScissors wrote:I'm of no help but FEEL BETTER!!! Get well soon!!!!
Thank you! It’ll be a long recovery and possibly not a full one. My immune system was weakened from all the chemo medicines I’ve been on. I need to heal and get strong or the next big bout of illness might kill me.

I’m finishing my recovery at home, thankfully, because I improved significantly... and I’m at the hotel waiting to go to the VIP pre-show! :yay:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
a3s1g1

Post by a3s1g1 »

so I've seen whispers around the Internet about a $50 "Grab Bag" of mystery merch available on the tour lately...going to the LA show next week and am intrigued about this, as this sort of thing usually reels me in pretty easily.

Anybody get one and if so, what'd you end up with? As much as I wish I was doing the Meet & Greet to meet Al, I'm not, so I'm looking to supplant my frustration with merch.
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

I saw nothing at Dallas unless it was hiding behind something and I missed it. Just picked up the $70 button up shirt and a small concert shirt for daughter which is more of a nightgown right now. :)
amyshy
Occasional

Post by amyshy »

a3s1g1 wrote:so I've seen whispers around the Internet about a $50 "Grab Bag" of mystery merch available on the tour lately...going to the LA show next week and am intrigued about this, as this sort of thing usually reels me in pretty easily.

Anybody get one and if so, what'd you end up with? As much as I wish I was doing the Meet & Greet to meet Al, I'm not, so I'm looking to supplant my frustration with merch.
Someone on the Weird Al reddit posted some pictures of what he got. Looked pretty sweet!
https://imgur.com/gallery/bmwVtvy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't recall seeing them at the Chicago show. :(
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I've been questioning if that was legit or not. Can't tell what was/wasn't included in the bag.
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

That for $50?! Hmm...yeah....gonna pass on believing it just yet.
amyshy
Occasional

Post by amyshy »

It does seem to good to be true.