The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Random: But I was thinking the other day....

I figured out something. JUST how much of a genius Al is. I mean, I always knew he was, but...

This tour, one of the many things they say is "No Props."

But I keep forgetting to comment on that, because, even though it's a small thing, but technically, the tambourine in YDLMA could be viewed as a prop.

Then it occurred to me a few days ago...

BECAUSE he shakes it once at the very end.... TECHNICALLY..... It's used as an instrument, NOT a prop.

HE'S A GENIUS.
ergalthema
Occasional

Re: 2018 Setlists

Post by ergalthema »

Yankomaniac wrote:03/25/18 Cleveland, Ohio

Albuquerque
Melanie
Young, Dumb & Ugly
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Let Me Be Your Hog
The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota
Midnight Star
Don't Download This Song
When I Was Your Age
UHF
I'm So Sick Of You
Why Does This Always Happen To Me?
Your Horoscope For Today
Velvet Elvis
One More Minute
drum solo
MEDLEY

Encore
Play That Funky Music
The Saga Begins
I've been auditing my spreadsheet and it looks like this setlist is missing Dog Eat Dog after Let Me Be Your Hog. https://i.imgur.com/TqmFyOF.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TwineBallorBust

Post by TwineBallorBust »

I just want to thank all y'all for being on this board and contributing to it. I went to both Chicago shows, and I already loved both of them, loved this tour, and loved its concept - but what made it sink in even further how truly great it is was combing over the threads for the first couple shows in the train station afterwards and seeing how excited people got about their favorite deep cuts being played for the first time or two on the tour. That made me appreciate how outstanding these setlists really are (yeah yeah no new songs in a month -- but practically everything here is so unheard of for a show that it's like a new thing every time anyway!) I might last-minute buy a show to the Milwaukee show as a result. Will probably post more of my own thoughts on the Chicago shows in the dedicated thread tomorrow.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I posted in the Chattanooga thread a week or so ago, but figured I'd post here as well. I have an extra ticket to the 4/13 show. Front row of the balcony. Selling at face value. I just posted it on cashortrade. Not sure if it will show up yet, but I think this is the link: https://cashortrade.org/account/posts/410700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheToolMan
Occasional

Post by TheToolMan »

Does anyone think they'll be more dates added to the end of the tour? I'll be going to my final show of the tour Thursday night and I'm having withdrawals already. After Thursday, there will be no more shows withing a 5 hour drive of me. Does anyone think there's a chance of more dates being added?
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I'm pretty sure that when it's over, it's over. There will be something in 2019, so that's only about 6-8 months after this tour ends!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Alrighty, good eye. Could we get a mod to delete all the other non set posts too?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Yep will move the chit chat after someone answers this question. Are the setlists all up to date now or do I need to mod-edit any of them still?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No I made the edit on that one ergalthema mentioned and the rest to the best of our knowledge are correct. The last few haven't been put in here yet.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Atlanta was the fourth show I've attended, and it's the first one I left with my ears ringing. It sounded good - it wasn't painfully loud, but obviously it did affect my ears. As an audio/video professional, I try to be very careful. I probably wear earplugs to half the shows I see. Also, this was the first Weird Al show I put in my earplugs - but it was only during Young, Dumb & Ugly. I guess I did notice a little pain when that started. I suppose the ringing might have been caused by that song before I put in my earplugs.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that for anyone else that might be as careful as I am (or for their kids, etc.).