The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TheToolMan
Occasional

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by TheToolMan »

I was driving from Indy to Champaign this morning after seeing last night's show. I stopped on the interstate about halfway to get gas and stretch my legs. As I was pumping gas I looked up and saw Bermuda walking out of the gas station. A few seconds later Jim, Steve, and Ruben (with donut) followed to the bus. I didn't want to be creepy or anything, so I left them alone. They all looked tired. As I was about to get in my car I saw Emo come out of the station and head for the bus. I'm pretty sure he was wearing his stage outfit. Al's bus was nowhere to be found.

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

On one hand, it's probably for the best that you left them alone, but, I was thinking just the other day, they don't seem to get the recognition they deserve, outside of us hardcore fans. I bet they don't get recognized often, and I wonder if they would have been flattered.

Still, like I said, probably the right thing. At my show, in the VIP area, when it was just the VIP members, I saw Steve Jay in a corner talking to a few employees, and I also didn't want to be creepy or weird, so left him alone.
TheToolMan
Occasional

Post by TheToolMan »

Yeah, I could see it going either way. I'm sure they would've been gracious had I approached them. On the other hand, I was thinking how it must be cool to be part of an international touring act and still be able to walk around unnoticed.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

ergalthema wrote:Not sure where to ask this, so I'll try here:

There's one sold out show that I'd like to attend, but there are quite a few tickets on StubHub. I very much despise StubHub and I've never bought through there. I'm waiting as long as I can, hoping the price will go down so the resellers don't make much money.

1. Anyone have experience with tickets listed with "UPS" delivery? Is that common?

2. If a ticket says "VIP", do you think it includes the Meet & Greet? (as in, definitely not the "VIP Upgrade" that doesn't include the M&G?)
Regarding #2: No, it's not going to include the meet & greet or other VIP materials.

The VIP packages, whether they include a meet & greet or not, cannot be officially transferred to another person, according to CID policy.
The original purchaser of the ticket & VIP package will always be the one on record for picking up VIP materials at the concert, and must show ID when picking it up.
(CID does allow the original purchaser to name only one additional pick up person for the ENTIRE order, but it must be done a couple weeks before the show, and obviously only with someone you really trust. Either person may pick up the entire order with ID.)

If you are buying a ticket from a trusted friend, they could meet you at the venue to give you the VIP materials. I did that with a couple forum members because I had extra VIP materials that I couldn't sell, because of the above policy.

If you're buying a ticket from an online ticket site, you're not going to get the VIP materials and meet & greet included.
StubHub doesn't even tell the seller who bought the tickets, so they would have no way of knowing who to give the materials to anyway.
Last edited by NH Weird Al Fan on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote: The VIP packages, whether they include a meet & greet or not, cannot be officially transferred to another person, according to CID policy.
The original purchaser of the ticket & VIP package will always be the one on record for picking up VIP materials at the concert, and must show ID when picking it up.
If you are buying a ticket from a trusted friend, they could meet you at the venue to give you the VIP materials.
If you're buying a ticket from a stranger or online ticket site, you're not going to get the VIP materials and meet & greet included.
(StubHub doesn't even tell the seller who bought the tickets, so they would have no way of knowing who to give the materials to anyway.)
Interesting. After chatting with StubHub, they said that they would give a refund if I can't use the VIP even if I see the show. I took screenshots of the chat, etc. just in case. So, I might get to go to the show for free and maybe some reseller trying to make money will have to pay for it.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

ergalthema wrote:
NH Weird Al Fan wrote: The VIP packages, whether they include a meet & greet or not, cannot be officially transferred to another person, according to CID policy.
If you are buying a ticket from a trusted friend, they could meet you at the venue to give you the VIP materials.
If you're buying a ticket from a stranger or online ticket site, you're not going to get the VIP materials and meet & greet included.
(StubHub doesn't even tell the seller who bought the tickets, so they would have no way of knowing who to give the materials to anyway.)
Interesting. After chatting with StubHub, they said that they would give a refund if I can't use the VIP even if I see the show. I took screenshots of the chat, etc. just in case. So, I might get to go to the show for free and maybe some reseller trying to make money will have to pay for it.
Well, good luck with that. I think if the tickets are specifically advertised/described as including VIP materials, meet and greet pass, etc, then you could get a refund. Otherwise, I think the seller is just advertising the SEATS as VIP.
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote: Well, good luck with that. I think if the tickets are specifically advertised/described as including VIP materials, meet and greet pass, etc, then you could get a refund. Otherwise, I think the seller is just advertising the SEATS as VIP.
With this tour, any seat can be VIP if the upgrade is added, right? There are specifically VIP Meet & Greet tickets in "the first 15 rows", but this ticket is in the balcony.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

The ticket itself will only say VIP if it was originally a VIP ticket, not an upgrade.
***EDIT: Actually, my VIP tickets did not even say VIP on them. They just had my name, order number, and purchase price.***

In order to get in to the VIP preshow, you need the VIP laminate, which you would get at check-in. Your name must be on the VIP list in order to check in.

In order to go to the VIP meet and greet, you must have the meet and greet pass stuck on you, and you would get that pass at check-in.

I'm just being realistic in telling you that a seller on StubHub will have no way of adding your name to a VIP list, or getting any VIP materials to you.
So it is not reasonable to expect that you will get any VIP privileges from those tickets.

If the ticket description does not specifically promise VIP perks, I personally wouldn't be demanding a refund from StubHub.
Last edited by NH Weird Al Fan on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote:The ticket itself will only say VIP if it was originally a VIP ticket, not an upgrade.
I'm just being realistic in telling you that a seller on StubHub will have no way of adding your name to a VIP list, or getting any VIP materials to you.
So it is not reasonable to expect that you will get any VIP privileges from those tickets.
If the ticket description does not specifically promise VIP perks, I personally wouldn't be demanding a refund from StubHub.
Actually, it's the responsibility of StubHub or the seller to specify if VIP is included. Some of them actually specify early entry in the optional details. If the buyer is not able to use the VIP features, the ticket should not be listed as VIP. StubHub agreed with me on that.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Oops, I was in the process of editing my post when you replied. :)

Well, it sounds like StubHub has a very generous policy for buyers. Sellers definitely should not be listing VIP perks that can't be delivered, but simply calling them VIP tickets is not a promise of any specific privileges, just that they are good seats.

I wonder what would happen to the seller if you were successful in getting a refund. Does that mean the seller would not get paid for the tickets you used?
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford