The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by TMBJon »

Quality over quantity!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Truthfully though, even J-Dub has not been here long enough to know the extents of what tour chasing fans have done in the past because he started with Al on the Mandatory Fun Tour. We know Elvis is thaa maaan!!! WrestleMania party next year, brother!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I didn't know anywhere else to ask this, and if I'm being annoying feel free to ignore me! But, my show was in Ohio: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/weird-al ... f0c3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not to go to any trouble but just offhand, for when the concerts get released, can anyone recommend any shows they saw to listen to that were either a very differen't set list and/or was just a great show with great stories. (I felt like my show lacked a little with stories, and I was looking forward to that part of it.)
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Hi! I was at the Atlanta show, about five rows back. Best night EVER! It was my first VIP experience. I met Al, as well as Kimo and Jim, on the last tour, but it was a bus side meeting with no pics. I finally got a chance to have my picture made with Al, and I was so nervous that I stammered my way through it like a school girl! So much I wanted to say to him and I froze! Plus, I looked like I'd been stoned a month!

Even with all that, I was still walking on air when i left that grand old theatre that night, and the Parallel Universe tour the next night was over the top awesome, as well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Can anyone who attended a show this year where Party At The Leper Colony was performed confirm whether the saxophone part was played by Al on MIDI accordion or Rubén on keyboards?
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

TMBJon wrote:Can anyone who attended a show this year where Party At The Leper Colony was performed confirm whether the saxophone part was played by Al on MIDI accordion or Rubén on keyboards?
It was all Rubén for the horns! Al actually played the piano parts on his Accordion!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Has anyone calculated the minimum number of consecutive shows you would have to go to on this tour in order to see the full rotation of every original song played?
imthewalrus79

Post by imthewalrus79 »

Just wondering if anyone who had VIP and attended the early shows before the watches were available has heard anything about getting their watch? I have yet to hear anything.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Check your spambox. If it was automatically deleted by your email provider then contact CID Entertainment. =)
Pak-Man

Post by Pak-Man »

TMBJon wrote:Has anyone calculated the minimum number of consecutive shows you would have to go to on this tour in order to see the full rotation of every original song played?
I've been listening to them chronologically and have now heard the entire roster (Except for Fake Albuquerque and whatever "Audience Inspiration Song" is) after finishing up the second Ontario show. There may be a more efficient way to do it, but I'll start the bidding at 9 shows.