The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I didn't want to start a thread incase I'm wrong but, I don't see a thread for Cleveland on Mar 25th. (Going :D)
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

3 shows booked! Officially tourchasing :D
You Make Me
Occasional

Post by You Make Me »

This is incredible. Boston and NYC 99% sold out already. Second show added in Toronto already. I'm guessing NYC and Boston will see the same shortly.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I know there are ticket-buying nightmares, but I have a good story.
I logged in to buy for Minneapolis at 10am only balcony came up. I passed. I came back an hour later and a 2nd row R Orch came up! Snatched it WOOHOO!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

A thought about this tour ...

Every tour I've seen in the past has been Al the Entertainer. My hope for this tour is we'll see Al the Artist.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Congrats, weird_el!!

I noticed the same kind of thing with Seattle. I checked at noon and ONLY balcony was available (not counting VIP), then came back maybe an hour later and saw that there were two new distinct clusters of seats available, including 2nd row seats. Why do they stagger the release of their seats like this?? What's the logic behind it, does anyone know? It was too distinct of a pattern (the outer edges of orchestra left and right) and too many seats involved to be a coincidence.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Well my show was about sold out, and now they released a bunch more tickets. :( Kind of annoys me, seems like I might have been able to wait until the first afterall. :(

So if your show was sold out you might wanna check, too.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

According to a new AVClub article, a new polka medley is not exactly out of the running. Probably not likely, but not impossible
But without an album—and without a record company budget to license all these cover songs—is there a future for the polka medley? Will he perform a new medley in his upcoming no-parodies tour, perhaps? Al doesn’t know.

“It is a lot of work, particularly for my manager, but I know that fans like them a lot. One option is maybe I won’t record them anymore, maybe it will just be something I do live in concert. Or maybe I will release a new polka as a single. Now that I’m in the freeform stage of my career and not beholden to releasing albums, I can do anything I want to. I guess I just don’t know what I want yet.”
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

It seems unlikely that Al will debut a new polka on next year's tour, since he'd have to tour with a much larger band in order to perform without backing tracks. It would be cool, but a polka without several instruments might sound a little bare.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They should open with a best of polka. Different pieces of past polkas, that way nobody knows what would be coming but they know which polka it was from. This of course would be, the Vanity Polka!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!