The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by TMBJon »

weird user wrote:I know Al is against releasing compilations that have no reason to exist aside from making extra money, but I feel this would be a great time to put out a compilation of Al's obscure/underrated works.
If only Al was doing that...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Very exciting to see the list of tour dates. It's a bit premature for me to start planning as I'm not certain about my work schedule for next spring/summer. Of course I will be at the two Ace Hotel dates and probably some of the surrounding SoCal shows, but unfortunately the early leg of this tour through the East Coast coincides with the busiest time for the show I'm working on now. Hoping I get booked on a show next summer so I can take off for a while before that and do a bit of tour chasing in the middle of the country too!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Man, none of these dates are "convenient" for me. The Ithaca date would have been a 5 minute drive for me, but I'm on spring break X*
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I KNOW I'll be going to the Dallas show, because it would be ridiculous not to indulge in the most convenient location Al has played by me so far. I also have my eye on Longview, and possibly the New Mexico date, if I think I can swing it. Luckily, most of the dates I wanna go to are on Fridays, which works out perfectly for me.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

Interestingly, in the presale registration there's a show for Portsmouth, NH listed for March 3, but I don't see it on weirdal.com/tour.. definitely gonna hit that one up too!

Shelley
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Heads up! Jeremy just let me know that there's a show on 3/3 in Portsmouth, NH that's not listed on weirdal.com, but is listed on
the CID Entertaiment website. Also the CID Entertainment website has more accurate venue names and correct cities if you want to use that for planning.

Dave

edit: beaten to it! :#
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios
Occasional

Post by Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios »

TMBJon wrote:Of course I will be at the two Ace Hotel dates and probably some of the surrounding SoCal shows
There's now just one Ace Hotel date listed (May 11). I wonder if May 10 isn't happening, or if it might be added if May 11 sells quickly.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

http://nerdist.com/weird-al-yankovic-to ... exclusive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New nerdist article! Here are some neat points:
-We’re rehearsing 50 or 60 songs, most of which we’ve either never played live before, or haven’t played in decades.
-I’m going to talk a lot more on stage. See, this is really going against my nature and stepping out of my comfort zone.
-Emo’s doing about 30 minutes, and I’m doing about 90
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios wrote:There's now just one Ace Hotel date listed (May 11). I wonder if May 10 isn't happening, or if it might be added if May 11 sells quickly.
Yeah, something tells me that May 11 will quickly sell out and then they will add May 10 back "due to popular demand".
The Ace did the same thing when Tim and Eric performed there last month.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Ah, I knew I saw May 10 for L.A.! I copied all the dates as soon as they were posted because I like to spreadsheet them. ("NERD!" -- shut up! :lookaround:) So I had May 10 and May 11 for L.A. in my spreadsheet. Then someone said there was no May 10 date, so I went back to check and May 10 wasn't there!

Whew, not going crazy! :wacko:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!