The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah all of the vip tix are selling out by showtime at most shows. Can't believe how many there were in TO, I was like ohh maaan, Al has alot of sigs to sign. Poor guy is like a robot.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
a3s1g1

Post by a3s1g1 »

etiennewang wrote:Hey I have a VIP Upgrade for tonight's Vanity Tour show in Montreal that I can't use!!

Can anyone here use it? Thanks!!
If anybody finds themselves in this situation for the Los Angeles show on 5/11 I'd DEFINITELY be interested...like everybody else, meeting Al would be a lifelong dream come true but the VIPs are all sold out :(
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

Would Al think less of me if during the M&G I just said hi and got a pic without making him sign anything? It would be like giving his hand a few seconds of rest.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Ive not had him sign things before. I usually do get stuff signed but more interesting things that he asks me about.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Yeah it's no big deal really, like Mike said. Depends on how you want to do it. We've seen him enough that we skip the autograph sometimes as well.

Then again, I've had him sign my face before, so maybe don't take advice from me.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

I noticed it's now been 8 shows in a row where they haven't performed Good Enough For Now or Truck Driving Song. Does this mean that there's a problem with Jim's lap guitar, or did Al declare that he hates playing country music?
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

So, you know have a couple of the band members have sheet music for this tour? I believe Jim and Rubén have iPads, and Steve just has a folder. Well, something I just noticed is that I believe the front of Steves folder has the list of every single song they have rehearsed. While I can't necessarily confirm this, from what I can tell, it seems like the songs are listen in alphabetical order. So, if someone has REALLY good eyesight at one of the upcoming shows, maybe we'll discover a song or two that hasn't made an appearance yet!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

It's already been confirmed that the vast majority of the sets have been already worked out and made months in advance. They probably knew before the tour began which ones they'd be doing less than others.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Something Al said last night might be worth mentioning here. He said Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White was hard on his voice (however he phrased it, it sounded like it was the most painful for him to sing - and he sang I'll Sue Ya, My Own Eyes, etc. in the last TWO shows), so it's not getting played much this tour. He sounded great singing it, though.
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Not sure where to ask this, so I'll try here:

There's one sold out show that I'd like to attend, but there are quite a few tickets on StubHub. I very much despise StubHub and I've never bought through there. I'm waiting as long as I can, hoping the price will go down so the resellers don't make much money.

1. Anyone have experience with tickets listed with "UPS" delivery? Is that common?

2. If a ticket says "VIP", do you think it includes the Meet & Greet? (as in, definitely not the "VIP Upgrade" that doesn't include the M&G?)