The 20 Forgotten Songs

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: The 20 Forgotten Songs

Post by Yankomaniac »

Hoping to hell they do One Of Those Days, Don't Wear Those Shoes or Stuck In A Closet for the obscurity! But also because they would all be a lot more fun and sound even better LIVE. The solos for Vanna and One Of Those Days rock man.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

1. Gotta Boogie
2. Buckingham Blues
3. Such A Groovy Guy
4. Mr. Popeil
5. Dare to Be Stupid
6. Slime Creatures from Outer Space
7. Don't Wear Those Shoes
8. You Make Me
9. Twister
10. Fun Zone
11. Trigger Happy
12. She Never Told Me She Was A Mime
13. Since You've Been Gone
14. The Weird Al Show Theme
15. Hardware Store (I'd love to see it, but don't think the band would be able to get it down)
16. Wanna B Ur Lovr
17. Genius In France
18. Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me
19. Lame Claim To Fame
20. Sports Song
And Peggy
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

It also just occurred to me that Al has said "MOSTLY" originals, at least the first 75 mins, so what's the last 15 minutes? Some have said he might just do the Star Wars encore, but I think he might pull out 2-3 parodies he hasn't done in many years. In that case, maybe they are only rehearsing 40-50 originals and 10-20 parodies? Guess we won't really know though until the tour. :)
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Hasn’t Al gone on record as saying that listening to it today, he kinda sorta hates the first album? I’d guess that we won’t get much from the first album, Polka Party, and the UHF Soundtrack since those two are arguably his weakest efforts, and since he has said that he wants to avoid stuff that has been played to death in recent years, we may not get a lot from the Post-Bad Hair Day era.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

spmahn wrote:Hasn’t Al gone on record as saying that listening to it today, he kinda sorta hates the first album? I’d guess that we won’t get much from the first album, Polka Party, and the UHF Soundtrack since those two are arguably his weakest efforts, and since he has said that he wants to avoid stuff that has been played to death in recent years, we may not get a lot from the Post-Bad Hair Day era.
Seeing that at his 501st Bash "Preview" of the 2018 tour, he played Albuquerque, I'll Sue Ya, and CNR, I would say that anything up to and including the Alpocalypse Tour is fair game. That is, of course, excluding originals from those tours that HAVE been played to death (Wanna B Ur Lovr, DTBS from the Internet Leaks Tour, etc.)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

Hi ! I'm new to this forum.
I just had to remark on your comments about Al performing Albuquerque. I've been watching the New Years Eve performance in Maui and watching him rolling around the floor screaming during the weasel part cracked me up. If he does sing it during the show I'm going to, I hope he rolls around screaming!
But more than anything, I'd love to see him sing Generic Blues.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I am beginning to second guess our conventional wisdom about Dare To Be Stupid being too well known to play.
Despite the name of the tour, I assume Al wants the audience to have some familiarity with the material being played. I would not be surprised to see a scaled back, truly unplugged version of DTBS.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

You know, songs that I was initially against (like recently played ones such as DTBS), I am warming up to the idea. The reason behind my change of heart is that this tour won't have the traditional backing tracks that so many of the past tours have had, so we would be seeing new, fully live renditions of these songs.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I know many of these are impossible/unlikely, but this is my list of favorite originals:

Mellow When I'm Dead
Midnight Star
Nature Trail To Hell
Dare To Be Stupid
One More Minute
Good Enough For Now
Melanie
Good Old Days
You Make Me
Generic Blues
The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Frank's 2000 Inch TV
Everything You Know Is Wrong
The Night Santa Went Crazy
Germs
Your Horoscope For Today
Albequerque
Hardware Store
Genius In France
Virus Alert
Don't Download This Song
Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me
My Own Eyes
Mission Statement
Jackson Park Express

If I could pick one song to hear live, it would be The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

TMBJon wrote:I am beginning to second guess our conventional wisdom about Dare To Be Stupid being too well known to play.
Despite the name of the tour, I assume Al wants the audience to have some familiarity with the material being played. I would not be surprised to see a scaled back, truly unplugged version of DTBS.
I'd love to see something like this life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNf-lN3Z_-k