Login    Register

Songs You Could Live Without

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

  • Author
    Message

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby Yankomaniac » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Yeah well we don't know if the Yoda chant will be there or not, that's a few minutes, plus all the made up time not changing, I think they will have a lot more time then they did on the SOL Tour. I'm hoping they do, even if I've seen it already.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!

http://www.facebook.com/ceremonial666
User avatar
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 3179
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada \m/
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby TMBJon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 am

Killingsworth wrote:Jon, I got an email yesterday saying you quoted my other post in this thread in the Tapatalk app yet I don't see it here in the forum in Google Chrome. Did you post something and then delete it at breakneck speed or did you just click the "quote" button by accident or something and then just go back?

I guess we will never know.
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20232
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby Killingsworth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 am

TMBJon wrote:I guess we will never know.


Well, I just got that same email again for THIS post which I obviously got a chance to see, so...?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby CrimsonE » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:41 am

I agree with Wanna B UR Lover as a song he can ditch. He's done it for the last four or five tours, and it got old after two. I'm hoping he switches it out with One More Minute.
CrimsonE
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 am
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby Yankomaniac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

Yeah I definitely hope so, at least for this tour.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!

http://www.facebook.com/ceremonial666
User avatar
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 3179
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada \m/
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby Yankopunk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
User avatar
Yankopunk
Addicted
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Channel 62
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby bizarreblair » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Yankopunk wrote:I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.


When I read this, I thought, "Come on, that is completely ridiculous." And then I remember seeing a news piece on TV when I was in college (around 1999-2000) about school violence and the role media plays in influencing violence among children. Of the few music clips they played, one of them was a clip of Al singing "The Night Santa Went Crazy" live in concert. I was outraged! That is ridiculous, as is the sentiment above. (No offense, Yankopunk. :accordion: )
bizarreblair
Occasional
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:40 pm
Location: Joliet, IL
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby Muppetboy09 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 am

bizarreblair wrote:
Yankopunk wrote:I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.


When I read this, I thought, "Come on, that is completely ridiculous." And then I remember seeing a news piece on TV when I was in college (around 1999-2000) about school violence and the role media plays in influencing violence among children. Of the few music clips they played, one of them was a clip of Al singing "The Night Santa Went Crazy" live in concert. I was outraged! That is ridiculous, as is the sentiment above. (No offense, Yankopunk. :accordion: )

They aren't referring to the lyrics offending people. They are specifically mentioning how Al goes into the audience and grinds on people. Most people would think it was in good fun, but it's only a matter of time before one audience member thinks he went too far and deems it sexual assault. I honestly could see Lovr being replaced by OMM for a number of reasons, that being one of them.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
User avatar
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm
Location: In Front of My Computer
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby hungerfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Just the thought of someone pulling that crap after a show makes me hate what we have become. Always one of my favorite songs and to see the interaction between Al and the fans...even if I was not a lucky one to get him in my lap.
User avatar
hungerfan
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 pm
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Postby TMBJon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 am

hungerfan wrote:Just the thought of someone pulling that crap after a show makes me hate what we have become.

I would love to hear more about this line of thought...
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20232
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

PreviousNext

Return to The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest