The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

You know, whatever
Occasional

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by You know, whatever »

Well I got a code to Atlanta as my son wanted to go see the show. I botched it though I ordered on my phone and did not see a complete list of seats (thought I was seeing everything) and got him a seat way on the side. It is a small venue so hopefully it is OK. I hate it though. When I went back to look there were plenty of really good seats that did not appear to be VIP. It did not show prices so not sure how much the really good seats are. Really bummed but it is what it is. THe main thing that irked me was it did not give seat # only section and row until after you order If I had known it would be the last seat on the side I would have looked for something else.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I'll be at the Apollo NYC and Pabst Milwaukee.
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

I signed up for 3 venues, decided between Santa Fe or Oakland, (different time zones!) see if i could get front row. Luckily, i did get codes for all 3. The first one was Fargo and 10am my time. They sell theirs through etix but I couldn't get the code to work After calling etix, they told me i had to contact TM. Pff, yeah right. So i was going to call the local ticket outlet that's associated with the promoter. Luckily they got it all figured out for us! A new code was sent out and i could buy row G aisle tickets!!
Before I finally got my Fargo tix, I was able to get the Santa Fe ones and choose my seats. the whole front row was available! So i chose front and center of course :) Since I got front row (which I really, really, wanted) I didn't need to go to Oakland. It was one or the other! So that's how my 2018 trip was decided!
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Glad SIVT2018 worked for Montreal, Yankomaniac! Didn't work for my shows. :( Anyone else have a code that might work for multiple venues?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
You know, whatever
Occasional

Post by You know, whatever »

Does anyone know the livenation presale code or have another code for the Atlanta show. I have decided to bite the bullet and just get my son a better ticket. Not sure what I will do with the first one - maybe try to sell it - it was $66 with fees.
Thank-you!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I genuinely love not being able to participate in this thread.

As with every tour that’s happened so far during my over 2 year forum career
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I'm sure this will be a stupid question that we won't know until it happens, but, would you guys think these shows might sell out before the 3rd of next month? I 'have' money to get a ticket, but I would be flat broke until then (I've factored in fees). So I'd rather wait but I don't wanna miss out...
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

Based on the seating chart for the Tarrytown show (which lets you choose from any open seat), you should be completely fine if your only concern is getting into the building.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Okay, thanks! :)
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

Well. I never got my code from Ticketmaster for the Palm Springs show. I reached out to CID Entertainment, as they are the ones coordinating the VIP stuff, because even though Palm Springs is listed as having VIP on the tour page of Weird Al's website, it is not listed as VIP on the page you are taken to when you click on the VIP link. Turns out VIP is not being offered at Palm Springs, even though it says it is on Weird Al's page. Had I known that, I would have requested a code for San Diego instead. Which, given how things went, probably would not have arrived anyway, but still.