The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by Yankopunk »

8pm ET passed an hour and a half ago, for me.

Damn this Ticketmaster Verified Fan crap! I better end up getting a text message or e-mail in the morning, or a late e-mail tonight.

After all the horror stories I’ve read about VF, I had a bad feeling about this.

Ugh. Looks like there goes any chance of good seats for me, as of now. :(

Anyone have a way to get me backstage, or can help with the shrub costume? :lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

The email I received after registering did not indicate a time to receive the email today.

"We know the suspense can be stressful, plan to hear from us again the evening of Wednesday, October 17 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Fan Presale."

So maybe there's still hope yet. Has anyone seen or heard any indication that anyone has received the email tonight? Perhaps they are just running late. One can hope, anyway.
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

Wait, maybe they screwed up the dates. Because this is in the email I received after registering:

"MARK YOUR CALENDAR
If you receive a Presale affer Code it will arrive via text message on Thursday, October 18 prior to the Presale at 10AM (venue local time). Your text will include your purchase link followed by another text with your unique access code to unlock access to tickets. Keep your phone handy – notifications will arrive 2-4 hours before tickets go onsale. Also keep an eye on your email, if there are text delivery issues (such as carrier blocks or incorrectly entered numbers) your code will be sent by email.

To allow as many fans as possible to see "Weird Al" Yankovic on The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour, there is a four (4) ticket limit MAXIMUM per purchaser.

We know the suspense can be stressful, plan to hear from us again the evening of Wednesday, October 17 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Fan Presale. "

They say Wednesday, October 17, but today is Tuesday, October 17. And then they say the text will arrive on Thursday, October 18, instead of Wednesday, October 18. Maybe they screwed up when they are going to send them out.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Nessie wrote: They say Wednesday, October 17, but today is Tuesday, October 17. And then they say the text will arrive on Thursday, October 18, instead of Wednesday, October 18. Maybe they screwed up when they are going to send them out.
Man, this whole tour announcement has been a disaster since the beginning. I do remember them saying that the fans would get a 48 hour window before normal tickets, which would slate it in for tomorrow, Wednesday.

EDIT: Yeah, ticket sites say that the Verified Fan pre sale is Wednesday, October 18
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

I just got the email saying I've been selected for presale access. Check your email, everyone!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I got it just a short while ago, too! Finally!

Everyone please wish me luck, for a few reasons, actually. I have an important doctor's appointment in the morning at 8am, and I'm nervous about that. In addition, the presale time is 10am, so hopefully I'll make it out in time. And then I have a loved one going to the doctor and I'm going with them for emotional support. Very scared about that, too.

Let's hope for good news all around!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

It's entirely plausible that Al plans on going back to playing keyboards himself on this tour. That's how he did things back in the 80s, at least before he was too busy jumping around with a leg behind his head and slipping in and out of different jackets every 5 minutes.

Anyway, I got my verified fan email a little while ago.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

richegreen wrote:It's entirely plausible that Al plans on going back to playing keyboards himself on this tour. That's how he did things back in the 80s, at least before he was too busy jumping around with a leg behind his head and slipping in and out of different jackets every 5 minutes.
The main reason I still have trouble buying it is that even back when Al was doing keyboards live, he still had a keyboard player in the band. Making Al the keyboard player effectively ties him to that instrument for the rest of the show (all his songs have keyboards, and some have accordion. He can't do both). Who knows at this point. Hopefully Bermuda will pop in soon to clear things up.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I'm actually not sure Al was playing keyboards during songs like You Make Me and Dare To Be Stupid. I could be wrong, but I always thought that was theatrics, while Ruben actually did the keys.

I'm also pretty sure that before Ruben joined, they had a different touring keyboardist. It stands to reason that during songs like One More Minute, someone else was doing the piano parts.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

OneWAY wrote:I'm actually not sure Al was playing keyboards during songs like You Make Me and Dare To Be Stupid. I could be wrong, but I always thought that was theatrics, while Ruben actually did the keys.

I'm also pretty sure that before Ruben joined, they had a different touring keyboardist. It stands to reason that during songs like One More Minute, someone else was doing the piano parts.
Yeah, I was referencing tours like the Stupid Tour or Tour of the Universe, where they did in fact have a touring keyboardist. Al most definitely was not playing the keyboard during songs like YMM and DTBS in recent tours (and possibly the same for past tours)