Spy Hard

Moderator: Moderators

SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

You need the subtitles when watching the video, that's all there is to it.

I love that little grin too..in fact, that may be my favorite part of the video...:inlove:

And I've ALMOST held that note..it's hard enough in Al's octave, I can't imagine doing it in my own!

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Does he really hold the note that long? I always thought there was no way he could actually hold it that long, and that it was some great editing or something.
taste is only something if it is yours.
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

Weirdalfreak27 @ Nov 6 2006, 09:10 AM wrote: The thing about this song is how amazing it is that Al holds the final bar as long as he does. I mean, yowza. The man has incredible lung capacity.
i really dont think he could really do that.

but... if so...i agree. WOW! :blink:
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

He actually held that note.

Ask Al of June, 1999.

Joshua Nicholson of Semmes, AL asks: Did you really hold the endlessly long note at the end of the Spy Hard theme, or was it just a looping job?

I originally planned to loop it, but when I got to the studio, I found I was actually able to sing the entire note in one breath - which I did.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Well then, that's just as impressive as the fast "Hardware Store" vocals...if not more.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I'm watching the video now, for the first time in ages. I haven't listened to the song in a while either and now I remember why I love it....that deep voice :inlove: and the eyebrow action in the video :P
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

I actually got Spy Hard on DVD about a year ago. I already knew Al did the opening becuase of The Ultimate Collection and I think it has to be the best part of the movie. Also not a bad Leslie Nielson movie,but The Naked Gun movies are much better.
Don't Fear The Future-God Is Already There!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Heck, even Wrongfully Accused is much better.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Wow! I love Al's vocals. His voice is so flexible and adaptable. I love it when Al hits high notes. :whoot:
Weirdalfreak27
Occasional

Post by Weirdalfreak27 »

st3v3 is here @ Nov 6 2006, 09:11 AM wrote: I struggle more with the ending note on this song than I do with the run in Hardware Store.
It kills me every time, mostly because it is such a high note that he holds. I tried it an octave lower and I can almost do it.
I can't hold it through either of those. So mister, you're a better man than I! If I stand still for the entire song, and I haven't eaten anything prior, or drank anything, I can come pretty close to doing the Spy Hard note.
Let those who worship evil's might beware my power, Green Lantern's light!