Medium Rarities

Moderator: Moderators

JPK

Re: Medium Rarities

Post by JPK »

Al says in this article:
There are a few things that fell between the cracks, like the title to the movie Spy Hard, and the "Polkamon" song and "Headline News," which was only on a greatest hits compilation but never on a studio album. There's a version of "Jurassic Park" where I'm singing phonetically in Japanese. We want to get as many of those things on there as we can.

So that seems to be a pretty good indicator for all four, assuming he has the rights to them.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

I would imagine the Japanese version of "Jurassic Park" may show up here as it's a clean studio cut, something more different than an instrumental or karaoke version, and it was only released in Japan.

I, for one, wish "Medium Rarities" would be made up of tracks never available anywhere, having spent years collecting things like the above mentioned track and others.

The only "out there already" tracks I would like to be included are the instrumental/vocal only tracks on the "Poodle Hat" CD, as I never knew enough to be able to convert those to listenable digital tracks I could save to my iPod.

In light of the above statement, I will.concede that this would not be a complete set without "Headline News" and "Spy Hard". And where else would those go except "Medium Rarities".
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I'm just gonna throw in my 1p coin in here and say; despite this being a Squeeze Box exclusive I'd like to see an iTunes release for this. I'd be fine buying a lot of the other albums, along with this, to make up for myself not being able to buy the Squeeze Box (I'm only a little critter, at almost 13). Despite having Spotify Premium I'd be happy to forward a few quid for this. Man, even having it on Spotify would be good. But I don't want to be one who just doesn't pay for anything and only pays for her subscription.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

I feel like I'll Repair For You is a dark horse to be included...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
GO BILLS!!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I am really curious how many "concert only" songs actually got recorded. Skipper is a possibility, we never got an official word on Free Delivery, and there are countless others that may have been made.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

I certainly hope some sense and make this available separately and / or on itunes, because lets get real, I want this album, and I want to support Al, but if that's not possible without spending north of $100 for stuff I already have, I'm going to find a way to get the album one way or another, and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way
coltsmetsfan614
Occasional

Post by coltsmetsfan614 »

haroldwaide wrote:I feel like I'll Repair For You is a dark horse to be included...
I would love that! I'll Be There for You is one of my favorite ballads. I just Bon Jovi in concert last month, and I was bummed they didn't play it.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Same title different song, fellow fan.

I'll Repair For You is his parody of the Friends Theme by the Rembrandts. :)
coltsmetsfan614
Occasional

Post by coltsmetsfan614 »

CB Johnny wrote:Same title different song, fellow fan.

I'll Repair For You is his parody of the Friends Theme by the Rembrandts. :)
;( I'm heartbroken! My dad told me otherwise years ago, and I never thought to double-check...
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

I highly doubt ANY live concert-only songs will be included. While Bermuda has recorded hundreds of concerts, no doubt through the sound board - so quality would be decent enough I would think, Al has told me (when pressed) that virtually nothing has been recorded (that is a proper studio recording) that has not been released. I think we here all know Al's economy of time and money - he doesn't want to spend time even writing a parody without permission for release, let alone record anything. Again , I think we here all know he learned that lesson with "Snack All Night", having received Jackson's blessing twice, he wrote "SAN" counting on it, only to be asked not to go forward because it was Jackson's "message" song. I believe at least since then, he has only proceeded with writing ("Handy") and in some cases recording ("You're Pitiful", "Perform This Way") under very rare circumstances.

Part of what makes me even a little hopeful for things like "Your Brain" and the proposed theme to "Hot Shots!" (which was submitted to the filmmaker(s) - I presume Jim Abrahams - with several different sets of lyrics) is because Al has been getting (or persuing) clearances for older things ("Pac Man" & "You're Pitiful"). Maybe he did seek permission for some of the above mentioned items. Who knows?

Here's to hoping we get good news soon!