Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of "Weird Al" Yankovic

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby Heds » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:57 am

TMBJon wrote:
weird_el wrote:Got mine :D there's a Grammy for packaging, this should win in 2019 :D

I was thinking the same thing this morning as this year's nominees came out. How could Al not win next year? Should at least get a nomination.

JoCo got nominated for packaging with Solid State this year, would be lovely to see Al and whoever designed the Squeeze Box packaging get one in 2019!!!
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby Elvis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Weird Al Yankovic debuts at 185 with Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of Weird Al Yankovic, the massive new box set with all of his releases over the years. It is also the number 1 Comedy Album.


Cool! Congratulations Al! :accordion:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
User avatar
Elvis
Be jealous.
 
Posts: 16262
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: Palace of Wisdom

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby 8-Track Mind » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 pm

I have to wait till Christmas to open mine so I wanna know if the alternative mixes/versions are still on Poodle Hat like on the original release.
8-Track Mind
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 am

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby Big Spoon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm

They are not. Sorry to disappoint.
And Peggy
User avatar
Big Spoon
Welp.
 
Posts: 28047
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby TMBJon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 am

Hey all, I've been waiting to have some time to myself to blast these new remasters at home, and now that I'm off from work I am listening through. They sound amazing, and I'll give more complete thoughts once I make my way through every album. Listening to Good Enough For Now right now. :inlove:


My main question: Did other people feel like Dare To Be Stupid was more or less not remastered, or at least barely touched? If there were any improvements, they were very minor. I couldn't tell if I was hearing something different or if it was just the fact that I've mostly been listening to an mp3 version of it for the past 15 years. However, on the other early albums, I can hear serious improvements so I am inclined to think it was something with the process. Maybe the DTBS masters did not survive as well as the other albums? Based on the videos posted showing the process of remastering they were going through, it's hard to imagine they didn't notice this too.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20467
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby captdeemo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:55 pm

I feel like an idiot that I never knew about the hidden track on off the deep end.
captdeemo
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby imthewalrus79 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am

captdeemo wrote:I feel like an idiot that I never knew about the hidden track on off the deep end.


I still remember how I first found out about it. I had put on the CD while working on cleaning around the house. I had gotten into my cleaning and never went to put on another disc once "You Don't Love Me Anymore" ended. Next thing I know, I'm hearing this cacophony of noise. It scared the heck out of me!

TMBJon wrote:Hey all, I've been waiting to have some time to myself to blast these new remasters at home, and now that I'm off from work I am listening through. They sound amazing, and I'll give more complete thoughts once I make my way through every album. Listening to Good Enough For Now right now. :inlove:


My main question: Did other people feel like Dare To Be Stupid was more or less not remastered, or at least barely touched? If there were any improvements, they were very minor. I couldn't tell if I was hearing something different or if it was just the fact that I've mostly been listening to an mp3 version of it for the past 15 years. However, on the other early albums, I can hear serious improvements so I am inclined to think it was something with the process. Maybe the DTBS masters did not survive as well as the other albums? Based on the videos posted showing the process of remastering they were going through, it's hard to imagine they didn't notice this too.


I felt the same. I even pulled out my 1990 Scotti Brothers/Rock 'n' Roll Records CD to compare with the remaster. I think the earlier CD actually sounds better than the remaster at points. It's the only title in the whole set that I can say that about. I'll have to give a listen to the LP version at some point and see how that compares to the 1985 pressing. But it does make me wonder if the DTBS tapes aren't in as good a condition as the other albums.
imthewalrus79
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:56 am
Location: Reading, PA

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby ajv2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:20 am

I'm wishing I bought the CD version...
After converting all the Vinyls to WAV format, I notice little to no remastering vs my original CDs that I've purchased over the years.
Anyone else notice this w Vinyl vs classic CD?
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
6/6/15-Mashantucket, CT 8PM
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
9/16/17-Providence, RI [UHF]
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
User avatar
ajv2001
Occasional
 
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:45 am

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby TMBJon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:43 am

I have not converted the vinyls to WAV, just listened on my record player, but I definitely hear a big difference in nearly all of the albums. Only Dare To Be Stupid so far has had basically no improvement. (I've heard everything through Bad Hair Day so far).
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20467
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Postby ajv2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:05 am

TMBJon wrote:I have not converted the vinyls to WAV, just listened on my record player, but I definitely hear a big difference in nearly all of the albums. Only Dare To Be Stupid so far has had basically no improvement. (I've heard everything through Bad Hair Day so far).


There are some slight improvements I notice, unless it is my soundcard on my laptop that isn't the best, or even my turntable.
I decided to part with 1 of my 2 vinyl copies on eBay and use the money to purchase a CD copy (probably also through eBay).
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
6/6/15-Mashantucket, CT 8PM
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
9/16/17-Providence, RI [UHF]
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
User avatar
ajv2001
Occasional
 
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Medium Rarities / Squeeze Box

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron