Weird Al on IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang!

For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Weird Al on IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang!

Post by Sappho »

Looks like Reggie ships it :lol:
Love and peace.
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Ha!! The chest hair is a nice touch!!

I LOVE fan art! :accordion:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Today, IFC sent us a bunch of copies of the new Season 5 poster which I'd previously posted here on this thread.
I now have a copy of this hanging by my desk:

I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

That's so cool!

...you don't happen to have any spare ones, by any chance? :ph34r:
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Sorry, the ones we received are all spoken for. You could try begging @IFC to make them available for purchase!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

New promo released today from IFC:
http://www.ifc.com/shows/comedy-bang-ba ... -got-weird" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one contains a first look at the type of music Al is playing on the show, though most of the guest introduction music has personalized lyrics that reference the guest by name.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I'd just like to ask everyone with a Twitter account to please tweet to @ComedyBangBang & @IFC (and include @alyankovic, if you like) once season 5 starts on June 3! From my understanding, I think there will even be back to back episodes when it starts - so two episodes every Friday! They're already posting a bunch of stuff about the show, so you could even start tweeting now! CBB tends to like and retweet and reply to a whole lotta tweets in my experience - I get a lot of mentions from both them and IFC! They're surprisingly active for a TV show account, which I love since this actually encourages you to tweet to them even more! Please tweet them your thoughts and feelings about Al on the show (#cbbtv!), they will love it. :)

Also!

I'm thinking once the show starts, I'll (or Jon will or someone will) post new topics for every episode, so we can discuss and review each episode without comments about a certain episode getting lost amongst the others. This is important especially because there will be two episodes a night!! Double the Al, double the fun, double the bang! We will have much to discuss on every episode, I'm sure. :potato:

I know Jon is the one who actually works there (along with Drew and Heather and others who aren't forum members (yet)), but I've appointed myself the position of (un)Official CBB Advocate which means I get to tell you all this. :gaga: I do it for the love of the show!! Please be sure to know how much you love the show as well! :D They're currently doing a thing where they watch and livetweet past episodes of the show every Friday at 11pm, I think as a way to gear up for maybe doing it for when season 5 starts (I hope!!!), and they also do polls on which episode they should watch and livetweet during the week. If you haven't really seen the show, watching along with them would be a good way to jump right in! Even if you have seen the show, watching along with them and tweeting them about the episode is a good time as well. I actually really love that they do this, and consistently. It's a really special thing for a TV show account to do since it's not live TV or anything, just Netflix. I don't know, I really like it.

Anyway, please tweet them. They love tweets. So much. My baby CBB. ^_^

And now, some gifs:

Image (source)

Image (source (for the rest too))

I've asked CBB/IFC to please make ALL OF THE GIFS of Al. Hopefully they will make more than me!

Image (source ;) )

#cbbtv
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Hey y'all, I did some sleuthing online :online: :detective: and found the titles for the first eight episodes of season five! I'll spoiler tag these in case you don't want to know the order of the guests!
Spoiler:
S5E1 - Kevin Bacon Wears a Blue Button Down Shirt and Brown Boots
S5E2 - The Lonely Island Wear Dark Pants and Eyeglasses
S5E3 - Tony Hale Wears A Blue Flannel Shirt and Fuchsia Sneakers
S5E4 - Tegan and Sara Wear Leather Jackets and Skinny Jeans
S5E5 - T-Pain Wears Shredded Jeans and a Printed Shirt
S5E6 - Aubrey Plaza Wears a Velvet Off-the-Shoulder Gown With Flowers in Her Hair
S5E7 - Joe Jonas Wears a Maroon and Gold Letterman Jacket With White Sneakers
S5E8 - Nathan Fielder Wears a Blue and Grey Flannel and Jeans
I cannot tell you how excited for episode 8 I am. I'm gonna cry. Also looking forward to the clothes and guest of episode 2, 3, and 6. Aaaaaaaa!!!! :yay:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I'm really excited for this season. I'm a lazy freak who watches CBBC (which is full of crappy, cheesy children's programmes but the cheesiness is why I watch it) so this'll be a good change in my life. With 12 year old kids watching Family Guy it's surely acceptable for me to watch Comedy Bang Bang, isn't it? It's time I became a Heynong Man instead of being an Yankovictim. As a result, I'm leaving this forum. BYE!!!!
YO WE'RE JUST KIDDING WOOOH
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:With 12 year old kids watching Family Guy it's surely acceptable for me to watch Comedy Bang Bang, isn't it?
Yes, I think they are about the same level of lewdness. CBB usually gets a TV-14 rating. The word "smurf" airs uncensored a few times per episode, but the more extreme curse words are bleeped out.