For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

CBB 504 - "Tegan & Sara"

Post by TMBJon »

Tegan and Sara Wear Leather Jackets and Skinny Jeans

Episode 504 of CBB features Tegan & Sara, a tribute to a legendary director, a surprise B-guest (recurring character), and another cameo by me!
It will air at 11:30 tomorrow night!

Preview Clip:

Youtube
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: CBB 504 - "Tegan & Sara"

Post by Big Spoon »

Loved the entire Hitchcock vibe/parody in this episode. The opening credits and The Birds sequence in particular were just fantastic.
All the stuff with Raymond being "Weird" was great. "No one that weird is normal!"
My favorite bit had to be, "There was a time in my life when people called me weird." "No, Weird Al, when???" "Just for the last 40 years of so."
Also, got to see Jon sit next to Al during the concert at the end. Although, your popcorn did sort of doom the CBB crew, so nice going.
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

This was my favorite episode yet. I can't help but smile everytime I see Jon on the screen, even when it does lead to harmless musicians getting attacked...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Big Spoon wrote:Loved the entire Hitchcock vibe/parody in this episode. The opening credits and The Birds sequence in particular were just fantastic.
All the stuff with Raymond being "Weird" was great. "No one that weird is normal!"
My favorite bit had to be, "There was a time in my life when people called me weird." "No, Weird Al, when???" "Just for the last 40 years of so."
Also, got to see Jon sit next to Al during the concert at the end. Although, your popcorn did sort of doom the CBB crew, so nice going.
I agree. I played that line over 100 times and it killed me every time.
The other part that killed me was the popcorn scene, especially when Al yells, "The birds...they want our popcorn!" and then runs screaming with that pigeon on his neck.
I just loved it that he played out the rest of the show with blood on his face.

For me.......I watch the show waiting for Al.
I'm so glad he has this opportunity to show the world that he can do more than just sing, dance, write songs and books, direct, produce and play the accordion.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I had to laugh ridiculously hard at Al running off to go request that the orchestra play Mozart, then returning because he couldn't find the door. :lol:

And then at the end when they found Mitch... Yes, Al, you dingbat. :lol: (I love that word.)

I love moments like that because (so far) a lot of the time Al seems to be just a little bit more sensible than the rest of the characters - or at least more sensible than Scott - and then he'll do something like this and he's just as big of an idiot as everyone else. :lol:

I really liked the birds sequence too, with the obviously fake birds. <3 And Raymond was magnificently creepy, though I also found him a bit of a tired old "creepy fat nerd" stereotype.

Now my burning question is this: Was that sweet or salted popcorn? :party:

(Also I'm curious how that Fourvel bit was filmed 'cause he must have been green-screened in and yet they seem to be interacting in real time like he's actually there, unless of course it's not as improvised as it seems...)
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Sappho wrote:Now my burning question is this: Was that sweet or salted popcorn? :party:
Salted! And I had to eat a whole lot of it! The prop department had a huuuge bag of "propcorn" to keep refilling my supply. By the time we broke for lunch, I wasn't even hungry anymore.
Sappho wrote:(Also I'm curious how that Fourvel bit was filmed 'cause he must have been green-screened in and yet they seem to be interacting in real time like he's actually there, unless of course it's not as improvised as it seems...)
This is a great question! There's a cool behind the scenes feature on the Season 3 DVD that explains the process. Bobby Moynihan is sitting in front of a green screen on the other side of the studio, live at the same time that Scott and Tegan & Sara were sitting on the set. They are all given an eyeline to look at, and meanwhile Bobby has different X marks if he needs to be looking at Scott, Tegan, Sara, or Al. They can all hear each other just fine, so they can do the interview in real time (it's really improvised!) and then we cut the pieces together. "That's the magic of the green screen!" 1

1 - As sung about in the cold open of episode 438 "Adam Pally Wears a Navy Blazer and Bright Blue Sneakers"
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

TMBJon wrote:Salted! And I had to eat a whole lot of it! The prop department had a huuuge bag of "propcorn" to keep refilling my supply. By the time we broke for lunch, I wasn't even hungry anymore.
I appreciate your sacrifice. I've eaten a bit of popcorn myself recently, and, yeah. -_- But I thought it was very funny that you were just casually continuing to munch popcorn while all this big drama was going on. :D
TMBJon wrote: This is a great question! There's a cool behind the scenes feature on the Season 3 DVD that explains the process. Bobby Moynihan is sitting in front of a green screen on the other side of the studio, live at the same time that Scott and Tegan & Sara were sitting on the set. They are all given an eyeline to look at, and meanwhile Bobby has different X marks if he needs to be looking at Scott, Tegan, Sara, or Al. They can all hear each other just fine, so they can do the interview in real time (it's really improvised!) and then we cut the pieces together. "That's the magic of the green screen!"
Thank you for explaining! I'm always very interested in how stuff like that works. It does sound a bit tricky with everyone having to remember where to look! But it works really well. (I also loved Al totally freaking out at his entrance and picking up one of his instruments in defense. :lol: )

Edited for word crimes.
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Before the new episodes come on tonight, here are a few set photos from Tegan & Sara that I have on my phone.

I already posted this one a while back, but here is me and Al as we're about to get attacked by birds:

And here are a couple of panoramic shots during the filming of this scene. In the second one you can see director Stoney Sharp doing his magic.

http://i.imgur.com/UPwCF8j.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.imgur.com/eF3Htoj.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;