POLL: Which Lead Parody Is Better

Moderators: TMBJon, Moderators

Which parody should have won this challenge?

#TRUMP1 - "Leveling Up Now"
60%
#TRUMP2 - "Donald Trump"
40%

Total votes: 15

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Re: POLL: Which Lead Parody Is Better

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Are we into the ethics of double posting are we now.
taste is only something if it is yours.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Aside from an obvious inappropriateness (I may have invented the word) of the guys' topic for a "Al's next big hit", if we remove all the repeating lines there's not much lyrics left.

As for the song choices, I am equally familiar with both originals (that is they both get a similar airplay on "European hit radio" they play in my gym), and I kind of hate them both also equaly.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I voted for Donald Trump because I wrote it! mostly. I don't see Donald Trump as being about politics. Only one verse referred to it. I see Donald Trump as a pop culture figure who happens to be running for president. He was well known well before he ran for president. Running for president has just brought him to the forefront and made him quite trendy. Al wrote CNR, a retro pop culture figure, so I don't see why he wouldn't sing about a current pop culture figure.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

no 1 because no 2 is politics
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

CNR was written in a way that didn't tell you anything about the actual CNR. If you replaced "CNR" with "Chuck Norris" or even "Donald Trump", nothing would change. Your song, however, details Trump's political and non-political history.
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Capybara wrote:CNR was written in a way that didn't tell you anything about the actual CNR. If you replaced "CNR" with "Chuck Norris" or even "Donald Trump", nothing would change. Your song, however, details Trump's political and non-political history.
Exactly. I still have very little idea who CNR was, but the jokes in the song work on their own.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

For the record, I don't see anything that makes Donald Trump any more political than WYL.

It references something political, but it doesn't state an opinion (Unless you think Al himself would really vote for Trump, but that's like saying Al really killed Larry), it just deals with the situation we've been presented with.

The only line that remotely comes close to mentioning Trump's more....interesting positions is building a wall, but that's been a republican early campaign staple for years, hardly a Trump original.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

It seems unlike Al to make a song completely about the recent actions of a real and specific person. I know that Al sometimes delves into satire, but those are more about the actions of society than a politician/celebrity.
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Teh Dingo wrote:For the record, I don't see anything that makes Donald Trump any more political than WYL.
In my opinion WYL isn't political AT ALL :huh: . Economy, though related to politics, is a completely separate subject.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

That's kind of the point.

What I mean is that if you don't see WYL as political, Trump is not much more political than that. If you do see it as political, it's maybe just a tic more political than WYL.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?