Fan Mail

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

dreidenbrock
Occasional

Fan Mail

Post by dreidenbrock »

Hey everyone!

Sorry if this is an existing thread, I searched for it and couldn't find it! So delete this if I'm totally wrong!

I'm trying to send Al a letter and maybe some things to sign and was looking for an address but I found 2 different ones. Does anyone know? Anyone had a good experience??

Thanks!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Fan Mail

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The one you want is the one carefully hidden in the FAQ page at http://www.weirdal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If you want Al to send you something back, include a big-enough envelope and ENOUGH POSTAGE. It will take a while; Al's been on tour a lot lately, but eventually everything except parody ideas gets to him, and he reads it, and even more eventually it will get back to you.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

People still use snail mail??? Just send him a Facebook message or tweet or something.

Anyway, if you must send him tangible communication, use the following address:

Close Personal Friends Of Al
PMB #4018
8033 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

The address hasn't changed since pretty much the beginning, so it should still be valid. If you are going to any concerts, hang out by the buses after the show. There's a decent chance you'll get to see meet and him in person, and personally hand him your letter, and get your items autographed.

If you can't hang around, or he doesn't come out for whatever reason, give your letter to one of the "regulars" (you should be able to easily figure out who we are) and we can pass it along the next time we see him.

Dave
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Elvis wrote:People still use snail mail??? Just send him a Facebook message or tweet or something.
Al's not good at answering or responding to tweets addressed to him and he seems to be less active on facebook. I don't know how good he is with messages on facebook but I can't advise you to go this route in all sincerity.
Elvis wrote:If you are going to any concerts, hang out by the buses after the show. There's a decent chance you'll get to see meet and him in person, and personally hand him your letter, and get your items autographed.

If you can't hang around, or he doesn't come out for whatever reason, give your letter to one of the "regulars" (you should be able to easily figure out who we are) and we can pass it along the next time we see him.

Dave
I would say this is the best thing to do, but I advise you if you are going to one of his concerts be prepared to wait around two hours
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Well, there are people who either cannot afford to go to concerts or they don't come close enough to be able to go. In these cases, snail mail makes sense.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I think it's more accurate to say that Al has consciously decided not to respond to fans on Twitter. He'd be doing nothing else if he did start down that road. And if he responded to only a few, there'd be a lot of hurt feelings from people who felt neglected.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:I think it's more accurate to say that Al has consciously decided not to respond to fans on Twitter. He'd be doing nothing else if he did start down that road. And if he responded to only a few, there'd be a lot of hurt feelings from people who felt neglected.
I'd say it's probably a combination of both that as well as a lack of time in his schedule to do so.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
dreidenbrock
Occasional

Post by dreidenbrock »

Elvis wrote:People still use snail mail??? Just send him a Facebook message or tweet or something.

Anyway, if you must send him tangible communication, use the following address:

Close Personal Friends Of Al
PMB #4018
8033 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

The address hasn't changed since pretty much the beginning, so it should still be valid. If you are going to any concerts, hang out by the buses after the show. There's a decent chance you'll get to see meet and him in person, and personally hand him your letter, and get your items autographed.

Dave

Thanks for all the responses guys! I've had some crappy luck seeing him after shows- the 5 I've gone to in the past 2 years he seemed to be busy or off in a rush! (Of course I don't mind- because the shows are always incredible, I just wish I didn't have to wait 2 hours at each to hear he isn't coming out!) I'm going to try the mailing address- but if anyone has the privilege of seeing him after a show next month and has some extra paper on them- let me know if you could maybe get a personalized "To Owen" autograph for me! ;)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Where were your 5 shows?
dreidenbrock
Occasional

Post by dreidenbrock »

It was actually 4 in the past 2 years- BUT I waited outside the bus once at the SOL tour, making it 5 times.
Asbury (I had to leave 30 minutes after the show, though :/- did he end up meeting people?), Englewood, Boston (I think you were at that one, right?), and Atlantic City.