1/6 scale "Weird Al" custom toy interest

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Johnny Starquest

1/6 scale "Weird Al" custom toy interest

Post by Johnny Starquest »

Not sure how many people here are into making custom 1/6 scale (12") figures, but I'm a member over at Sideshow Freaks forum (Sideshow Collectibles) and building custom figures is pretty big hobby. Right now I'm trying to drum up interest for a sculptor to sculpt a 1/6 head of Al. Right now it will probably be bald and you'll have to add your own hair and paint it. What I'm getting at is there any interest here for any of you hobbyist out there. So if your dying for a "Weird Al" figure let me know and I'll get in touch with Amnur the sculptor. He said prices would be $35 sculpt + $25 shipping from Brazil. Right now I have 1 definite order and 3 other possibles. He needs at least 5 people to start work in January.
Heres an example of a sculpt I got from him of Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

Inerest List
1. Johnny Starquest
2. Kuzeh (possible) sideshowfreaks
3. Star Puffs (possible) sideshowfreaks
4. Murderofcrows71 (possible) sideshowfreaks
5. Anthontherun (possible)

If this type of thread (selling) is not allowed. I apologize. Let me know and I'll delete it. I just wanted to share the Al love. :D
Last edited by Johnny Starquest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: 1/6 scale "Weird Al" custom toy interest

Post by anthontherun »

I would have to see what it looked like first, and if someone in the US agreed to have it shipped in bulk to them (for a reduced rate that could be passed on to others), that would definitely be enticing. $60 is a little steep...
Johnny Starquest

With Nathan Drake we did a bulk US shipping and saved a little. What we did was If 5 people in the US agree to bulk shipping. It will cost $45 shipped.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

That's definitely more in line with what I was hoping for. What is the look going to be for the figure? Hawaiian shirt or a certain outfit? 80s or current Al?
Johnny Starquest

The head sculpt will be more 80's style, but since we are going with bald instead of hair the lambs fur can be trimmed to the length you want. About clothing I'm not sure. The price only includes a unpainted head sculpt. The buyer needs to supply glasses, hair, clothing, and body. Thats the only problem with this hobby It gets really expensive fast. My Nathan Drake figure I'm working on has cost me between $150- $180 so far. I'm working on a Ash from Evil Dead II so far its has cost me almost $300. Not trying to scare anyone off with prices. Just letting you know what your getting into.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Oh wait...this is just for the head? Eek...I didn't realize that. I should have read this more clearly; I thought it was a full 12" figure.
yourfacehere

Post by yourfacehere »

Johnny Starquest wrote:Not sure how many people here are into making custom 1/6 scale (12") figures, but I'm a member over at Sideshow Freaks forum (Sideshow Collectibles) and building custom figures is pretty big hobby. Right now I'm trying to drum up interest for a sculptor to sculpt a 1/6 head of Al. Right now it will probably be bald and you'll have to add your own hair and paint it. What I'm getting at is there any interest here for any of you hobbyist out there. So if your dying for a "Weird Al" figure let me know and I'll get in touch with Amnur the sculptor. He said prices would be $35 sculpt + $25 shipping from Brazil. Right now I have 1 definite order and 3 other possibles. He needs at least 5 people to start work in January.
Heres an example of a sculpt I got from him of Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

[ http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x47/amnur/DSC05109.jpg ]
[ http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x47/amnur/DSC05116.jpg ]

Inerest List
1. Johnny Starquest
2. Kuzeh (possible) sideshowfreaks
3. Star Puffs (possible) sideshowfreaks
4. Murderofcrows71 (possible) sideshowfreaks
5. Anthontherun (possible)

If this type of thread (selling) is not allowed. I apologize. Let me know and I'll delete it. I just wanted to share the Al love. :D

I'm actually very interested in that Nathan Drake head. I registered here to ask about it, pleas let me know where I could get this thing, I appreciate it man!
Stu Pidasso
Occasional

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Hi, My name is Jimi, and I have something to add! I'm a moldmaker and caster by trade, I do a lot of figures. If someone were to just get one sculpt from the sculptor, I can mold and cast copies for anyone who wants it. It would be much, much cheaper that way.
I hate spelling errors so much. You mix up two letters and your whole post is urined.