Who's up for a "Weird Al" convention in 2012?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Who's up for a "Weird Al" convention in 2012?

Post by minnick27 »

I don't want to be stuck on a boat with Jeremy for a week
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: Who's up for a "Weird Al" convention in 2012?

Post by ludovica64 »

LOL!
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

The cruise is an awesome idea! They do a metal band cruise every year that sails from Florida to Mexico and back and it has like 3 stages and 40 HUGE NAME bands that each play twice, if anyone wants to check out what Im talking about check out http://www.70000tonsofmetal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, show you what I mean. If Al did something like that it would be mint, he could do a few different sets and stuff...would be NOT something anyone would wanna miss.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ceverie

Post by ceverie »

Dropping in to say I would be highly interested in a convention. Granted, I'm spending a bunch of money already to see L'Arc~en~Ciel when they come to New York in March, and I'm planning on studying abroad in spring 2013 (even more money and travel).

However, if this idea were to get off the ground in some form, I would try to contribute in what ever poor way I could. In fact, my boyfriend has been trying to convince me to go to the American Tarantula Society's annual convention this year (I wanted to go last year but couldn't pony up the money); but if an Al convention were to be held this year, I would be much more interested in it since Al cons seem to be rare whereas ATS conventions aren't. (笑´w`) ... Anyway, yeah. I'll just leave it here before I start to ramble.
生きる意味見失いかけて
「戸惑いが押し寄せる 眠れない夜が不安だよ」と 君はつぶやくけど
松下優也 - 「Paradise」
piranha
Addicted

Post by piranha »

Yes but I don't think I would be able to go if it was in Cali. Darn. I'm an East Coaster.
they/them pronouns please !! (previously: CrazyWeirdAlLady)
alexis_adams27
Awards: None At The Moment.

Post by alexis_adams27 »

pigletk wrote:I posted this on the Facebook group and Jon thought it should be here as well :)

"Ok how many of you would attend an end of the world themed Alpocalypse Alfest (like event) held in Las Vegas ?
Who would you want to see there and how much would you be willing to pay per ticket?

Also, who would be willing to help plan the event...getting stars, decorations, t-shirt designs, etc...?

I think this would be an awesome event but I have never planned anything like this before :/

Thanks for your honest opinions"

And by honest - go ahead and tell me if you think this is a bad idea or if you have better location options - Orlando, Anaheim, Costa Mesa again.....anywhere...preferebly somewhere where people can help me do this :)

Also does anyone know the ball park amount of how much Alfest was in the red.....I am up for paying for some of a "red" amount but nothing too crazy ;)

Thanks everyone!!!
How Bout Boston? Al Has Alot of Fans Here On The East Coast, and That Would be a good place for me, but whatever is best for Alfest and the majority of the fans is good, i just wont be able to go. which sucks. ;(
My Tweet Was Favorited By Mr. "Weird Al" Yankovic's Wife, Which Is Pretty Hackin' Awesome.
And I Share The Same Birthday Month As Al! His Birthday Is 19 Days After Mine, October 4th!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I'm in the Midwest, so it would be too far away from me. Ah, well.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

alexis_adams27 wrote:How Bout Boston? Al Has Alot of Fans Here On The East Coast, and That Would be a good place for me, but whatever is best for Alfest and the majority of the fans is good, i just wont be able to go. which sucks. ;(
YES!!!! I would love it if we had an Al convention in Boston someday, because I'd actually be able to go to it. The west coast, or even the mid-west, are too far for me. Boston is not more than a few hours' drive for those of us who live in New England, and the drive is doable for those who live in the NY/NJ/PA area as well. I think Boston is definitely something to consider for future conventions.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Stuff like this will always be on a coast and I don't live there so not much would ever work for me sadly unless my friend in San Diego gets a boffo job and offers me a trip there to visit.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He should just do like three of them scattered out with one of them being in Canada, preferably in Toronto, but whatever.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!