Fan Relationships with Al and the Band

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Re: Fan Relationships with Al and the Band

Post by Well, Well, Well »

LiL_Weirdo2782 wrote:Yes Al and the band are very cool people. :good: With exception of Reuben, I had the entire group on Myspace. Then either friended or followed everyone on Facebook except Reuben. He's the most insanely busy of the bunch besides Bermuda and Al. Facebook has a habit of dumping people. If any one of them have an issue with you on Facebook, they usually let you know. At times in rather odd ways. Like being ignored for sending repetitiously long mail that when you're typing one thought leads to some huge long story that Bermuda isn't really into. I believe with some band members, I'm trying to hard to have them add me, while the more laid back members it just happens. However, from the reading, the traveling, backstage visits I do understand and comprehend each member as a person and almost as a musician. Still zoning in on some key points though. Just to clarify, my habits bug people pending on the person. Sometimes not one word is said towards this and that is my major extravagant pet peeve: Ignoring and not saying what is wrong and/or why it's wrong. I still haven't found the correct topics to discuss around Bermuda. All I was told was to keep it brief and between relevant and extremely relevant. And when it got this long....the words STOP and period were in big letters. When realization kicks in, so do your emotions and un dramatic, that's at the point where tears start flowing. They intermitantly come back on different days via songs, remembering your mistake constantly, wishing you could fix it, wishing they read your wall so like in person they would hear you say "I'm really sorry, that was wrong of me to do , and please forgive me." But 9 out of 10 times drama and desperation are carried across to them as your intentions.<---When that isn't the case of what you meant at all. Sorry this came out lengthy. And you only fail if you don't try. In regards to starting a conversation or adding someone. Another downer is the tour isn't coming to my side of the state this year....as of yet. The music rocks, but what I'd rather happen is to just sit back and visit with them.
this guy is like the online version of Alinite27.
taste is only something if it is yours.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Fan Relationships with Al and the Band

Post by TMBJon »

These are real people with no obligation to chat with you online. At the same time, all of the members in Al's band are extremely nice and generous with the fans compared to most rock stars who have been touring together for 30 years. If you send them a Facebook friend request, they will most likely accept it. Then you will get to see and comment on their public posts. However, if you send them chats or private messages, it is unlikely that you will get a response from them. They may thank you for a compliment, but otherwise they are very busy people with separate, private lives outside of beng Weird Al's back up band. Unless you have something that could be of particular interest to one of the band members, you're probably better off keeping the musician-fan relationship out in public so as not to freak these people out. And it should be obvious whether online or in person that if you are being told to "keep it brief" with a band member, you should probably leave them alone for a while.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.