Al in Strange Places

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Al in Strange Places

Post by Wizzerkat »

I decided to start a new thread although I suppose this could be merged elsewhere. In my skating fandom, we sometimes come across skating references and such in places where you would not normally expect to see them. I found a link to a Springsteen info site which talks about Belvedere Cruisin' as well as Bruce/Al intersections. There is other stuff including a couple of pics of Al looking at Springsteen related mags(one being Mad):

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Al in Strange Places

Post by TMBJon »

Wow that was an awesome article. The writer did a pretty good job documenting the connections, though he missed Al's parody of the classic Springsteen Bottom Line poster. I love the pics. I hope some day there is a Weird Al parody of Born To Run.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Al in Strange Places

Post by minnick27 »

I was there when those pics were taken. The dude gave Al an awful lit of direction to take those pics

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Did the photographer provide Al with the copy of Backstreets and MAD?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah. They did the Backstreets first, and then they said they wanted to get a few more, and asked if he could pose with the Mad the same way he posed with the other one. He gave a look towards the people in line, kind of like there were other people, but he did it and knocked it out pretty quick, but they had him for a solid 5 minutes while the rest of us waited
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Wow, that's so dumb. They could have done the photos in one minute and spent the other four minutes doing a short interview where Al comments on what he thinks of Bruce, what some of his favorite songs are, and why he hasn't done a Bruce parody yet. What a wasted opportunity.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

No I dont think it wasnt 5 solid minutes of photos, they were talking, I dont know what about though. Apparently nothing of intrest for an article though.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Al in Strange Places

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TMBJon wrote:Wow, that's so dumb. They could have done the photos in one minute and spent the other four minutes doing a short interview where Al comments on what he thinks of Bruce, what some of his favorite songs are, and why he hasn't done a Bruce parody yet. What a wasted opportunity.
You're not kidding. What was the point of them taking a punch of pictures of him reading Springsteen-related magazines and writing an article with no quotes from Al? Their whole Springsteen connections angle would have been a whole lot more interesting with some actual perspective from Al.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Al in Strange Places

Post by minnick27 »

And i managed to get a copy of the Glory Days performance they mentioned. I'm gonna guess that Al never parodied Bruce because he referred to him as "Weird Al" Yankovich.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I am not convinced this is the right place to post this (I did not see anything in the tv/media forum). Mods please move this to correct topic if needed. Not that this is really strange but Al and Suzanne were at the Breaking Dawn Premiere recently. I found these pics while searching internet today.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/x-BcLqLa ... l+Yankovic