Al in Strange Places

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Al in Strange Places

Post by Yankomaniac »

:boot: Get that crap outtta here!!!! :lame:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
You know, whatever
Occasional

Post by You know, whatever »

Not sure whether this really belongs here. It starts out sad but has a weird al twist.

My friends mother died unexpectedly in June - very sad - she was very healthy - age 69

Anyhow a couple had brunch for my friend, her kids, her dad and her sister and her family. Her brother in law is a doctor and works w/ the husband of the couple that had the brunch.

Anyhow......her dad started asking the couple about the history of their names (origin, etc) Well the man went back through the names in his family and yes of course one happened to be YAnkovic. And he mentioned that his mother was Weird Al Yankovics cousin. I am sure he was only expecting mild response (umm yes, we remember him...something like that).. BUT my friend and her son of course told him about how much my son loved him and that we had been to some concerts and were going to see him in CAlifornia. I dont think this guy had actually ever met Al. WHatever - small world. Their last name was Zeager (pronounce ZAY-GER) not sure if I have the spelling right/

Davis told me I have to tell Al about this if we meet him again at this concert. I told him this connection is extremely flimsy (at best). ha ha Umm yes so we know someone who knows your 1st cousin once removed. Yeah, we're tight.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

While waiting for my luggage at the baggage claim at JFK International Airport tonight, they played Ode To A Superhero over the speakers.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

According to some guy on Twitter whom I am choosing to believe, Tyrann Mathieu (AKA the Honey Badger), the 69th overall NFL Draft pick this year who was selected by the Arizona Cardinals, was asked his favorite non-rap musical act and he picked Weird Al.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.