45 Year Old "New" Fan?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: 45 Year Old "New" Fan?

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Thanks, Eric! It's a great podcast.
JDaCapo

Post by JDaCapo »

I first heard about Al when I watched "DTV: Doggone Hits" and one of the songs was a shortened version of "Eat It". Didn't know much about "Weird Al" yet but my dad had seen him on MTV before. Then when I was in high school, I asked someone about him and he introduced me to the Doctor Demento show. It was then that I realized just how talented Weird Al is and how long he had been around. Now I got almost all his albums including the Permanent Record. Was kinda upset when he first ditched his glasses, but now I like his current look more 'cause he looks younger now.
Vargas Chick
Occasional

Post by Vargas Chick »

The kids fell in love with W&N and that's why I bought the Straight Out of Lynwood CD in December 2006. I was 46 at the time. We went to our first show in October 2007, and I brought along my sister, her husband and one of my daughters. It was the first time that any of us had attended a show. Since then, we try to make it to at least one show a year if the logistics work out. :good:
Last edited by Vargas Chick on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Greg's kids were fans but Greg himself caught the bug with SOL in 2006 and didn't hear Al live until 2007 when he was 56.

Cheer's Diva
I prefer to think of us as Wise Elders
Michealleo

Post by Michealleo »

Hi i am a hug fan of AL ..... I've always lived in a two league market, so it is easy to watch the other league. I don't mind watching the other league as long as it is entertaining.
http://spokanefitnesssecrets.com/spokan ... pokane-wa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NJfan

Post by NJfan »

Hope no one minds that I'm jumping into an older topic, lol. I think I fall into both categories.

I was a fan when I was a child, maybe 7 or so? when Ricky was released. I liked him through childhood, and I sort of vaguely followed him along the way and enjoyed some of his music, but it wasn't until after I was married that I finally saw a concert. I was maybe a casual fan. I remember seeing the video for Saga Begins, but no others from RWS. I enjoyed the album but forgot about it after a while. When SOL was being promoted before it's release I sort of "re-found" Al's music and eventually saw the Pentiums video. It was a strange moment for me because I knew who he was growing up as a "goofy" funny guy but suddenly was now in my late 20's thinking, "OMG! When did Al get HOT!" :oo lol!! It was sort of conflicting for me!

Anyway, I've been to two more shows since then, and I've been a much more devoted fan in my late 20's and 30's then I ever was growing up. :wub:
10/29/2000
8/12/07
10/21/11
8/2/15