Why So Animated?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Why So Animated?

Post by TMBJon »

Iamabrawler wrote:I`m the kind to make puns. After this butt video, Al won`t want an association with Plympton again. Nope, no association. That video was an assassin to the song TMZ.
Okay, not well-done puns, but I wanted to make it obvious.
Your English puns are so much better than my French puns, so it's okay. 8)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to swear in French on this board... But this one is good, if you speak French.
Spoiler:
Il est un enculé!
Morbid Undead
Occasional

Post by Morbid Undead »

Way_Moby wrote:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to swear in French on this board... But this one is good, if you speak French.
Spoiler:
Il est un enculé!
HA! I like this secret swearing :P Thank you dictionary.com translator!
~Morbid Undead~

Weird Al fanatic since 22nd June 2011
Creator of http://crashcourseinweirdal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Life is like a bowl of three-legged salamanders, swimming around in an infinite ocean of cherry Kool-Aid."
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

It's not really even a pun at all. It's just something naughty I know in French.
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Yep, naughty. South Park`s French translation uses it too often.
But seriously, after the video Plympton asserted to TMZ, Al better forget the guy`s phone number.
Back in-topic though, I admit it would be great to see more live-action videos. But when there is no time to do them, then animated videos are fine for me.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Iamabrawler wrote:Back in-topic though, I admit it would be great to see more live-action videos. But when there is no time to do them, then animated videos are fine for me.
I absolutely agree. And I'm cool if they're low-budget ones a la "Criagslist," although, I'd prefer more jokes in the actual video. Kind of like "One More Minute." That was a great video, and I don't think it cost that much to make.
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Al`s two live-action videos for Alpocalypse were mainly special effects, now that you think of it. Craigslists didn`t need that much acting, all Al had to do was stand behind a microphone and sing. Perform This Way had him moving only the head, since the body belonged to someone else. Though those hats might sometimes have been pretty heavy.
Mayba Al is lowering his live-action video quota because of his... advanced age? *gets thrown junk at*
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Another thing is that Al himself doesn't necessarily need to be present in live-action videos--what if he sends out a couple of songs to sitcom producers and have them do something with their casts? Even if they're quick little things filmed on a single afternoon and without all the big stars participating, it might breathe some life into the videos and more importantly, ensures a ton of added promotion.

I could see the cast of 30 Rock coming up with something really strong for "TMZ" with Jenna Maroney desperately trying to get the paparazzi to pay attention to her.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Then we'd just have the exact same issue of cheaply made videos that people don't seem to like.

I love the idea of animated videos, personally. I just wish that Al would be in on the production of them, rather than just handing the songs out and saying, "There! Go make something!" Remember the video to Jurassic Park? A classic, even though it's animated, but Al was involved in the making of it.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I would like, if Al really wants animated videos(and he seems to really like them) for there to be just a few really good videos instead of a tons of videos "just because."
Is my dude a dweeb?