Weirdal.com And Social Network Site Chit Chat

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Squish

Re: Weirdal.com And Social Network Site Chit Chat

Post by Squish »

I have just received my squeeze box vinyl set and almost every record has some damage on the front cover and back, which looks like the record is over 20 years old.

The record itself can be seen on the cover, the indentation. Not sure if that made sense.

This was quite a pricey set and very disappointed to see this.

Anyone know of this happening to others ? or if there is a return/replacement plan in place ?

thanks,

the vinyl itself is great though!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

It's called jacket ring wear. I noticed a little on mine when it arrived. I immediately took out the records and stored them separately to avoid making it any worse.
Yellow_13

Post by Yellow_13 »

So, I'm at work, late in the evening, because we have to buckle a 50 page document on German real estate and prices in Berlin and I've put "Mandatory Fun" on my computer for me to have something nice to listn to... and I noticed that I forgot to plug in my headphones only after one of my colleagues came up to me and ask me what was this because it was quite amusing and he enjoyed it. An opinion shared by an other guy in the office as well. Sooooo I've introduced them to our good ol' Weird Al, and it's been 3 hours that I'm playing his albums on a row. They seem to be enjoying it so far. Is it how our empire expands?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

So apparently, the "Set Lists" page of weirdal.com has just been updated to include the setlist for ALL of Al's tours (including his three most recent ones he did after the Alpocalypse tour AND his current tour!) I'm surprised he'd put up the setlist for the tour he's currently on but I guess he really succumbed to the fact that you can't keep a setlist secret in the current age of online social media (hell, I'm sure he knows we've already figured it out). I guess he also thought just seeing how these songs would sound with a full orchestra would be the real surprise to some people (as well as which of the two "every other show" songs he will play for people too lazy to keep track of such things). Also, I suppose it can now be revealed whether or not "Canadian Idiot" is really a part of the Mandatory medley once and for all and the way they chose to describe the Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour is really funny to me in how utterly completely thorough it is.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Killingsworth wrote:Also, I suppose it can now be revealed whether or not "Canadian Idiot" is really a part of the Mandatory medley once and for all
I KNEW IT!!! But seriously, glad that those got updated, as I've always been curious as to how they would present the Vanity Tour setlist (personally, I was hoping it would be a hyperlink for each date that would link to the complete setlist for that given show, but this will do)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Muppetboy09 wrote:I KNEW IT!!! But seriously, glad that those got updated, as I've always been curious as to how they would present the Vanity Tour setlist (personally, I was hoping it would be a hyperlink for each date that would link to the complete setlist for that given show, but this will do)
I guess they just figured that's exactly what setlist.fm is for so why do the work that some obsessive fans and concertgoers have already done for them?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I realize this doesn’t make me any different from 80% of the people currently living in Los Angeles, but I just finished writing a screenplay and I’m pretty excited about it.

Have at it
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Let's just hope this one actually gets produced.
And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

The recording dates section of the mothership archives has recently been updated to include the dates Al began recording The Hamilton Polka as well as his Portugal The Man remixes from two years ago.

https://www.weirdal.com/archives/miscel ... ing-dates/
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Killingsworth wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:52 pm The recording dates section of the mothership archives has recently been updated to include the dates Al began recording The Hamilton Polka as well as his Portugal The Man remixes from two years ago.

https://www.weirdal.com/archives/miscel ... ing-dates/
Yeah, I noticed that Al hadn't updated it so I added those. :D

I think I also added Lisa, Scottie and Monique to the Players list after the last tour.