Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done To See Weird Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Diva
Addicted

Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done To See Weird Al

Post by Diva »

Jigawatt wrote:Flew across the country. :ttr:
With your fabulous wife Anne! And you did sit next to Greg and me, which in some circles would be considered "crazy" :)

Cheers, Diva
who's got to get those dinner and show photos posted
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Whats QFT stand for?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Yankomaniac wrote:Whats QFT stand for?
Quoted For Truth
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Okay, thank you very much!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
childofthespiral wrote:About a year ago, after me and my husband obth being unemployed for months and only just losing unemployment too, we took our last $150, bought concert tickets for Boca Raton, and then pawned another $85 in order to get the gasoline to drive there from 300 miles away. We managed to get good seats, had an absolute blast, found the tour buses by pure accident, and got autographs. Even though our camera with all 400 or so pictures and video of Yoda got stolen, we got our stuff back from pawn. My hubby is as big an Al fan as I am, and had never been to a concert of any kind before.

Totally worth it.
You have my current vote for the Cutting It Really Close Award. And hey, we were both at that concert. HOT and humid. I don't know how Al even managed to perform in that weather. Wish I'd met you. I coulda. I was out there by the tour buses too.
:lol: Thanks for the award. We were at the very front of the line, I think 3rd or 4th. We went intentionally looking for the buses and had planned on using the "I can't find the bathroom" excuse, and then we found the bathrooms anyway ^_^ I'm not a fan of that kind of humidity, but I lived there from winter 1995 until last November so... kinda used to it. Al's just that good of a showman. If you saw a tall redhead man with glasses standing next to a really short woman with glasses, that was us.

Alinite, you were in line right in front of us. Recognized your yellow jersey. I remember meeting you at the Cypress Gardens concert in FL. That was my first Al concert.

I wish I'd noticed these replies sooner...
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
JDaCapo

Post by JDaCapo »

Back in '99, I went to one of his concerts and made sure my dad and I got aisle seats. As Al walked down my aisle, I got up, walked over and gave him a quick hug and kissed him on the cheek, then fell back into my seat 'cause I was so happy. A couple girls sitting behind us even congratulated me on it XD