Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done To See Weird Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

crazygurl14
Obsessed

Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done To See Weird Al

Post by crazygurl14 »

I was watching some youtube videos that were on the huge compiled list of Al vidoes on the mothership and i saw something about him having a song on the pokemon soundtrack. I remember back when that movie came out I went to see it in the theater just so i could hear his short little song all the way at the end of the credits. I was never a fan of pokemon and i was always really annoyed with the kids in school who carried the cards around but I saw a whole movie for Al.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done to see Al or becasue of Al or something related?....
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done To See Weird Al

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Craziest thing I've ever done was, after missing my plane by about 10 minutes, deciding to drive to Las Vegas, leaving from LAX at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon. Traffic was awful, I only got there in time to see the second half of the show, but somehow even half an Al show made all right with the world.

Second would be the Winston Bertrand benefit concert. It was a weekday and I had to go to work the next morning, but I stood there until about 1 am. for Al to do his one and only song with the Pixies. And I didn't even have a particularly good view of the stage. People 5'3" don't as a rule have good views of the stage at standing-room club shows. The only thing that made this not totally crazy was that it was, well, a benefit.
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

Back in '07, my dad and I, along with my brother and his friend (who we dragged along even though they didn't really want to) drove to Reading, PA JUST for the meet and greet after the show he was playing there. My dad and I had gone to the show in Stroudsburg a month prior, and during the meet and greet, my dad's camera skills escaped him and he totally screwed up my picture with Al. We even went back a second time to try again, but he still messed it up. So he took me to THIS meet and greet to try and make up for it because he felt so bad. Unfortunately, Al was sick that night and didn't do a meet and greet. Ahh, I love my luck. Oh well, I saw him walk by with the security guards and I yelled something to him and he acknowledged me. That was pretty cool. So when we left, I wasn't TOO bummed.
I'm not sure if you'd call this "crazy"...HOWEVER, I wore my hawaiian shirt so that it would look like I went to the actual show. XD I was such an awkward 12-year-old.
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

I went to Los Angeles from Salt Lake City for two When I Grow Up book signings.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

In 2008, having only been a Weird Al fan for about 6 months, being long term unemployed and a lone parent who had never been further from home than France, and never having been on an aeroplane.... Flew to USA for two concerts.
Flew to Los Angeles the following year for Alfest *even though I knew Al wasn't going to be there*
Returned in 2010 for four more concerts, my outward bound journey taking 40 HOURS because of flight disruptions etc

CRAZIEST thing I ever did for Al though HAS to be fighting my way through the heaviest snow in YEARS on a drastically affected public transport system ALL THE WAY TO STINKIN' MANCHESTER for the gig there.
And the gig in London I was standing up for pretty much 9 hours straight, & most of that in extreme sub-zero temperatures.

moral of the story. USA is easier to get to.. and a lot more fun
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I suppose the craziest thing I ever did to see Al was to convince my friend Dawn to go with me to AlCon III. We knew each other from bowling, and I told her about the Con, and that it was in Chicago. She agreed it would be fun, and drove me there. Six hours. We shopped for a bunch of stuff for the trip, and she paid for everything and said it was a belated birthday present. We hit it off quite well as roomies, and she enjoyed meeting everyone. I'll always be grateful to her for taking me there. It was special for me, and even somewhat therapeutic, since my daughter had passed away a month beforehand. The outpouring of love from her and everyone at AlCon III was amazing. She has since moved away, and we have sadly lost touch. She was a true friend to do this for me.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WeirdElla
Occasional

Post by WeirdElla »

I flew with my parents and with a friend of mine from Israel to London for the concert. (WORTH IT)
"I'd rather have a Big Mac or a Jumbo Jack than all the bean sprouts in Japan."
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Started dating a Weird Al fan so he would pay for my concert tickets. Oh wait, that's not why I started dating him. But he did pay for my concert tickets :P
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

About a year ago, after me and my husband obth being unemployed for months and only just losing unemployment too, we took our last $150, bought concert tickets for Boca Raton, and then pawned another $85 in order to get the gasoline to drive there from 300 miles away. We managed to get good seats, had an absolute blast, found the tour buses by pure accident, and got autographs. Even though our camera with all 400 or so pictures and video of Yoda got stolen, we got our stuff back from pawn. My hubby is as big an Al fan as I am, and had never been to a concert of any kind before.

Totally worth it.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Really sucks about the camera
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015