Has Al Affected Your Love Life?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Ah. No wonder I didn't have an idea where the avatar came from. I don't watch South Park. Just something about that much cursing doesn't appeal to me.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

There's only two good ones: "Jared comes to South Park" and "Halloween special" and the rest suck. But the taco is funny. He he.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
alfan727
Occasional

my story

Post by alfan727 »

WEll weird al has helped me not only with my love life,but my life in general. It seems that his music can get me through any hardships, slumps, or speedbumbs on the road of my life. I was dating someone for almost 2 years, and our last date happened to be on the weird al running with scissors tour. I went to meadow brookes show, and my ex didn't like weird al,but she went well anyway, after the concert a week later she left me, but no worries my friends and weird al pulled me out. If it was not for one more minute, you don't love me anymore, melanie,since you been gone, I'm so sick of you,My Baby's In Love with Eddie Vedder etc I would not been able to get over it. well about a year later I met my new gf which we have been dating for almost 3 years now. Believe it or not our third date was 2000 june 28 which was the day I got 4 front row tickets to weird al tickets, a day prior to the concert, I asked my gf If she would like to go, so she said she didn't know but would let me know as soon as she could ask her boss. Well not even a minute after hanging up the phone she called me back and said she would go. So my gf new to weird al, and i must say she likes him,but she is not a big fan like me but she does enjoy all his music. Well anyway the real big kicker is she told me that she had to go get a drink,but when she came back, she came back with a red rose that they were selling at the concert how sweet. Well when the concert got started she got into it alot, and when all was doing one more minute she was hoping he would of handed him one of the towers or shirts he was handing out,but he didn't oh well. Well if all goes well and he comes to meadow brooke, I will yet again have another date with my fiance to another weird al concet. Thanks al:)maybe if you can come aound in june or so we can celebrate a delay 3 year aniversary at the concert:) :bigups:
Karen
Occasional

Re: Has Al Affected Your Love Life?

Post by Karen »

Yep. Al has definitely affected my love life.

Like Jigawatt and his girlfriend, my boyfriend and I are a few states apart (I'm in Arizona, he's in Michigan).

We met at AlCon, at the Dementia '03 promotion party, where I learned about Dementia Radio and Dementia '03. He was playing some Tom Lehrer songs on his computer and we began talking about how wonderful Demented music is. But no sparks flew until I met him again online a few months later, and we discovered that we both went to sci-fi cons regularly. Of course we have a lot of other stuff in common, but that was the main thing other than Al that made me say "Hey now, he's cool!" :lol:

Hopefully I can tourchase this summer so I can see my b/f. :)

Of course Al's not coming to my 'hood yet, giving me more reasons to travel for shows. :thumbsup:

-Karen

Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

QUOTE Like Jigawatt and his girlfriend, my boyfriend and I are a few states apart (I'm in Arizona, he's in Michigan).

Must be something about Michigan... that state treated me well too. My girlfriend's living here in NJ now, and despite the fact that we've been together for so long, Poodle Hat will be the first Al-bum she and I can listen to for the first time together. As silly as it may sound I'm really looking forward to that. :biggrin:

Adrian
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: my story

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE If it was not for one more minute, you don't love me anymore, melanie,since you been gone, I'm so sick of you,My Baby's In Love with Eddie Vedder  etc I would not been able to get over it.

I actually had the opposite experience once. I had broken up with a girlfriend shortly before seeing Al on the '97 Bad Hair Tour. I was kinda thinking, "Oh boy. This will bring me out of my funk!"

Then Al goes into "One More Minute," and it just really depressed me. Here it is...one of my favorite Al songs, one of my favorite songs performed live, and I was in absolutely no mood to hear it.

But, I still had a fun time....I just probably would have enjoyed it more under different circumstances.
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

Must be something about Michigan... that state treated me well too.
:) Yeah, I've noticed that about four out of ten Al/Dementia fans that I know come from Michigan. I think I want to move there for that, if not just to see my boyfriend on a regular basis, lol.
My girlfriend's living here in NJ now, and despite the fact that we've been together for so long, Poodle Hat will be the first Al-bum she and I can listen to for the first time together. As silly as it may sound I'm really looking forward to that. :biggrin:

:D That's so cool!

Thanks to the Internet, Poodle Hat will also be the first album my boyfriend and I will listen to together. Though we won't technically be together... we'll still be over 2000 miles away from each other. :(

Hopefully we'll be listening to Album 12 for the first time together while we're in the same room. :lol:

-Karen

*Going back to lurking...*

weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

my boyfriend dumped me a couple months ago. it was the worst thing to ever happen to me. he's the 2nd greatest guy in the world, next to al of course. anyways, i told my friend jeremy about the breakup. he started being suspiciously nice to me. i found out that he's liked me for over a year, but never said anything about it to me. i wasnt really sure if i should go out with him or not. it'd be weird since i've been friends with him for 4 years, plus he's not as awesome as my previous boyfriend. but he's been so nice to me and stuff. i was thinking about the whole situation while i was listening to weird al, when "good enough for now" came on. i realized that if i went out with jeremy, it would be just like that song. i laughed my face off. it was like hearing a brand new song, since i could actually relate to it now. so i think i might go out wih him and never leave him... at least till something better comes along. if i do end up going out with him "good enough for now" is going to be our song. hope that wont make him too mad
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

Well Al hasn't helped in my love life, but I am more popular now that I've played Poodle Hat to the cooler guys in school. And I have no doubts Al won't soon help in my love life.
Dan wuz here
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

i was thinking about the whole situation while i was listening to weird al, when "good enough for now" came on. i realized that if i went out with jeremy, it would be just like that song. i laughed my face off. it was like hearing a brand new song, since i could actually relate to it now. so i think i might go out wih him and never leave him... at least till something better comes along.

It's always now. Think about it. :)